Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

off center primer strike ?

Sudden Death

This weekend at our match I was picking up brass and I picked up some 9mm that the fireing pin strike was not on center it was over to the edge about where the primer started to bend probally in the thickest part of the primer I was wondering what caused it to strike there ??????? any idea......... :popcorn1:

Could be a number of things, some bad and some that really doesn't matter. Barrel fit can play a part, and slide manufacturing errors can play a part. The only way to tell is to check the gun out and see where the error lies. Some people see an off center primer hit and assume the barrel fit is bad because that is what they have been told, but it isn't always the case.

This weekend at our match I was picking up brass and I picked up some 9mm that the fireing pin strike was not on center it was over to the edge about where the primer started to bend probally in the thickest part of the primer I was wondering what caused it to strike there ??????? any idea......... :popcorn1:

Gun not fully into battery will cause off center hits on primers.

+1 and luckily, it did not fire.

+1 and luckily, it did not fire.

What do you mean by +1 and luckily, it did not fire?