Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope Zero Drift

jnorine

I've been using a leupold Vari-X 2 for years on my 270 without any problems and it's the old style that doesn't have the "click" adjustments for windage and elevation, it has the friction adjustments. I'm getting ready to purchase a scope for my AR and was planning on the VX-2 1-4X. I've found a used one with the friction adjustments but was wondering if the hammering action of a semi-auto would cause the zero to drift. Any experiences? Just as a point of reference, I'm told that the new VX-II's have click adjustments like the VX-III's have always had.

Thanks,

Jim

IMHO, if anything survived the recoil impulse of a bolt action .270, then being on an AR will be like being on vacation. I have a non-click Leupold 2x on my .44 mag pistol and it doesn't drift. My Vari X III never loses zero either (10k rounds on two different AR's).

Leupold = good shjt.

Regards,

I'm getting ready to purchase a scope for my AR and was planning on the VX-2 1-4X. I've found a used one with the friction adjustments but was wondering if the hammering action of a semi-auto would cause the zero to drift. Any experiences?

I've had a Vari-X II 1-4X20mm on my Colt shorty HBAR almost as long as I've had it (maybe 1997 or so?). No problems with the zero wandering.

My brother has one on his AR too. He hasn't had any problems.

I think the 1-4X20mm is the ideal scope for an AR!