Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 load with VV N320 and 200 grn. bullet.

Putty

Want to try a 200 grn. JHP bullet and was wondering what others loads are so I have a place to start. On the IPSC load list (Columbus) they have one load that is 4.7grns. with a similar OAL/barrel etc.. Seems kinda high for a 200 grn. bullet. Others mention going 4.2 grns. to meet major.

Want to try a 200 grn. JHP bullet and was wondering what others loads are so I have a place to start. On the IPSC load list (Columbus) they have one load that is 4.7grns. with a similar OAL/barrel etc.. Seems kinda high for a 200 grn. bullet. Others mention going 4.2 grns. to meet major.

I'd start around 4 to 4.2gr and see what you get. I need 4.7gr with a jacketed 180 out of an Edge. You might find some 200gr data here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=200694

A guy I shoot with shoots a MG 200 grain FMJ loaded to 1.24 in a Brazo STI. He loads 4.9-5.0 gr of N320 and runs about 168 PF.

May just be his gun. I don't think the 4.7 is that much out of line but always start low and work up looking for pressure signs.

FWIW

dj

I don't have a specific load for 200 gr bullets and N320.

However, I load 5.1 of N320 with a 180 Zero JHP

I would think that it would be reasonable to drop back to about 4.5 and work up.

4.7 will probably be close to major.

FWIW My standard load when I started limited division was 200 gr MG over 5.5 gr N340 at 1.175" OAL

Tony

Edited by 38superman

Angry people are deeply afraid, usually of death, so I must be sissified. Perhaps I will take in a movie "Innuit ladies, a polar bear and a midget" in order to relax.

I hear alot of them sneaky GM types using 200 grn. bullets. Howard is sneaky enough to go GM. :lol: