Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made C in Limited with my Witness Limited!

UW Mitch

I just called Sedro Wolley, since there was some glitch in the USPSA website not displaying the latest updates of the classification database. The nice woman on the phone told me I'm a C in Limited! I'm so excited to not be a D! (that's what I was in L10 shooting my single stack).

Once I got my ammo issues worked out, the Witness Limited has really be running well. The gun came from Canyon Creek, and was tuned up with EGW and Henning parts. I'm using the EGW slide stop pin, fiber optic front sight, Hennings thin grips with some sandpaper over it, and Hennings basepads on my mags. It's nice to easily be able to fit 20 into the mags. I've gotten lots of compliments on how sweet the gun looks - I know it's not how good your gun looks, but how fast you shoot it that matters, but it's nice to have good looking gear ;)

My load that I just chronoed

180 Montana Gold JHP

Fed #200, small magnum primer

4.8gr TG

1.170" COL

EGW undersize die'ed.

Over 7 shots averaged about 950FPS for a power factor of 171 which is plenty of margin for variation due to humidity, temperatre or fate.

Thanks Henning for all the product support! I'm so excited to be shooting Area 1 as a C. Hopefully I'll finish middle of the group!

~Mitch

Congrats!

I recently purchased a Witness Match tinkered by Henning w/ gear too and I have to say that I was blown away by how wonderfully it ran. Purchasing this gun also created a domino effect as I realized I had to start reloading to have it smoothly shoot. After learning how to reload I realized that I should have purchased the equipment sooner! There's nothing better than reloading my own ammo...I can't describe it, it just makes shooting matches all the more sweeter.

I'll like to thank Henning too for having the patience to answer all of my questions! :cheers: Hopefully I'll be moving to C class too soon.

Mitch, I've had the same compliments on how great my gun/gear looks too. Hopefully Tanfoglio/EAA will get more popular in the future!

Congrats!

I recently purchased a Witness Match tinkered by Henning w/ gear too and I have to say that I was blown away by how wonderfully it ran. Purchasing this gun also created a domino effect as I realized I had to start reloading to have it smoothly shoot. After learning how to reload I realized that I should have purchased the equipment sooner! There's nothing better than reloading my own ammo...I can't describe it, it just makes shooting matches all the more sweeter.

I'll like to thank Henning too for having the patience to answer all of my questions! :cheers: Hopefully I'll be moving to C class too soon.

Mitch, I've had the same compliments on how great my gun/gear looks too. Hopefully Tanfoglio/EAA will get more popular in the future!

What!?!?!?

No credit for the introduction to the Witness family? ;)

Great going Mitch!

And Diana, you improved a hell of a lot since last time I shot with you. Good job!

I still get crap for shooting my ugly ass gun. I guess I'll have to pretty it up one of these days.