Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Potential NRA AP Regional in NY

KMacari

I've been working with a local club to try and bring an NRA Action Pistol regional (and maybe state) match back to Trenton, NY this year. This club has hosted several regional and state championships in past years, and has a very decent quality facility to support a match like this. I'm still working through the details and approvals, but I wanted to find out if there is any interest out there to attend a regional here, and get folks feelings about potential dates.

Dates have been rather challenging to determine, as I want to try an avoid conflicts with other various matches that are planned (or are being planned). I'm thinking right now the weekend of August 16th and 17th. June 21st and 22nd looks also to be open, but that might be a little too soon to get something approved and planned properly.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Ken

I'd suggest you send all registered competitors a personal confirmation of attendance along with a copy of NY penal code 265.20-13, and also caution that the NY and Albany airport police have a reputation for not necessarily being fully congizant as to the import of this statute.

Outstanding work Ken. With the PA state matches moved to July, either of your date sets works for most Virginians. At 450 miles each way, I'd have to consider flying. Will you make accomodations for competitors to ship ammo?

Thanks,

Jon

Great news!

FYI the Trenton Fish & Game Club in Holland Patent, NY had some of the best AP matches. Bruce & Doug would frequent the matches and Trenton typically had 35-50 shooters. My recall was that they held monthly matches and a NY State and NRA Regional. Utica, NY is nearby for you Italian food lovers!

Bill Judycki, Al Sarnacki & Tom Kwasnieski and some other guys up there did a good job. Not sure why it went dormant, but to be revised could be good. Maybe even bring Tom K. out of retirement!

MJ

Ken,

I would suggest that you go with Aug. 16 & 17. If you get the paperwork in now it could be on the NRA web page in time. Not that it really matters as far as they go. All you have to do is say the word and we'll get the word out.

With all that has to be done, June is a little early. Since the rat race of the Cup will be here before we know it there won't be much time to get the awards and all that planned out. Believe me, it takes about a month to get all the classes lined out and then get the awards ordered.

Kevin

Well, it looks as if there's another minor change in proposed dates...due to some conflicts it looks like we're going to shoot for September 6th and 7th. There were a few local issues with the Aug 16th and 17th, but it looks as if Sept. 6th and 7th are open. I've just received approval from the club for this match, so (other than submitting the paperwork) it looks like it's a go!!

I'll definitely get more details out as soon as it's official. As of right now my hope is to hold a regional on the 6th, and a state match (hopefully approved by the state) on the 7th. I can't guarantee a prize table that will top Kevin's :bow: , but hopefully we can still offer some incentives to come here to shoot while still keeping the cost reasonable.

• 2 months later...

The latest is that we are officially (just recently approved) holding a NRA AP regional on September 6th, and a State Championship (not yet officially approved by NYS Rifle and Pistol) on Sept. 7th at the Trenton Fish and Game club in Trenton, NY. The match on the 7th will definately take place, just still working out the details as to whether it is able to the an 'official' NYS Championship or an 'unofficial' state championship. I just got the programs for each reviewed and approved by the Trenton Fish and Game club last night, and we should have them (and the entry forms) posted on our website within a couple of days. This process has been a bit slower than I had hoped, but everything looks to be coming together now.

There's been some delay in getting the match entry forms and programs up on the Trenton website ( Trenton Fish and Game Website ) , but I'm told they'll be posted this weekend. Please PM me if you would like me to email you the match programs and entry forms (I'm not sure if it's appropriate to attach them to this formum topic), or if you need any additional information about these matches.

Thanks!!

Ken

Nice! ...other than they got my contact email address incorrect (already notified Tom about that). Email address should be: kmacari@twcny.rr.com (or PM me here)

I'm also working on trying to get some sort of hotel deals/recomendations for anyone traveling...more on that very soon....

Ken

• 1 month later...

Ken,

It looks like Andy and I from Northern Virginia are coming to your Regional and NYS Match on Sept 6 -7. Don't know about he crew from Southern Virginia. Hopefully they got their passports in order.

Being from the northern part of the south, I have dual :sight: citizenship in such matters.

See you Saturday,

MJ

Glad to here a few of you guys are brave enough to make the trip north. I'll make sure to tell the locals not to pick on ya'll bout the way you southerners talk....

BTW, the range will be open on Friday for competitors arriving early. We still have plenty of openings for anyone wanting to show up for either match.

Looking forward to shooting with you here this weekend.

Thanks to Ken and his kids and the Trenton Club Members for putting on the Regional and NYS Championships. Congrats to Kevin and Ken for winning both in Open and Metallic guns.

Next year Ken, we'll pass on the rain requirement :roflol: .

Also next year make sure you send an INVITATION well in advance to eliminate no-show excuses.

MJ :cheers:

Edited by Allgoodhits