Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting an Aimpoint on an HK91

David Benzick

I use the B&T mounts...can't think of which one though. I'm not too interested in cowitnessing so I think it was the "universal" mount. I'll have to look when I get home if you need the #.

You can do a search on www.hkpro.com forums and get a quick answer.

Edited by hk_mtbr

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an HK owner.

The cleanest solution would proably be to weld a Picatinny rail on the top of the receiver, but you might not want to do this if its an original HK.

The official solution back in the day was the claw mount (photo below)... presumably they work work, but look butt ugly and mount the optic pretty high above the boreline (not so good for close-range). Usually they come with a NATO STANAG (STANdards AGreement) connection, and I don't know if you could get a STANAG compatible 30mm ring for your Aimpoint - you might have to get a Picatinny rail welded on top of an original claw mount.

g3sg1.jpg

A third alternative would be a free float tube/rail system with a Picatinny rail at the 12 o'clock position, though I have no idea if such a beast is available, nor how it would work around the cocking handle on the HK. Assuming it was a true free-float, and was solid enough, you could mount an Aimpoint red dot scope out there. Some people really like their red dot sights out in the "scout" position. Personally, I prefer them as close to my eye as possible so as to get the widest field of view, but as they say "opinions are like..." (well, you know).

HTH.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

ok...now I'm looking at mine.

B&T Part#

BT-21262-1

NSN 5340-25-149-2979

Pic mount for MP5, hk53 and G3

Mine works great FYI...both of them

Thanks for all the help!

The part number you gave me is for the HK93. I'm not sure if that will also fit the 91. However, B&T does make a low mount for the G3/91, part number BT21174, that ought to work just fine. What are your thoughts?

Thanks again.

Dave

This mount is mounted one direction for MP5 and the other direction for larger cals such as the 91/93. I had to look at it a couple different ways before it made sense the first time. I'm also using the arms throw-ever mount.

I have heard of people getting a good co-witness with the other B&T's I just haven't felt a need for mine.

Right off the label/box...

Pic mount for MP5, hk53 and G3

I love my 91. Although the first thing everyone says when handling it is "man this is heavy"...once you get used to it and then pick up an AR...they really feel oddly light. For real fun I switch over my auto sear...it sure doesn't shoot like they do in the movies...the weight is your friend...and now even the small mags are $10 per...grrr

Good luck with your build...post pics