Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me again: covering the CMore does......

dfwmiket

Ok, tell me again the trick on covering the CMore and what it does? I find myself still tending to shoot by looking at the dot and not the target..... and I'm trying to figure out a better plan. I'd like to beat my wife on a stage or two now and then, just for ego's sake. :lol:

-Mike

I swear that my vision is half my problem, at least. Sometimes I see three guns and two dots, and sometimes the other way around......... and of course I've had times when I see no dot at all, but that's usually the battery. :D

Ok, tell me again the trick on covering the CMore and what it does? I find myself still tending to shoot by looking at the dot and not the target..... and I'm trying to figure out a better plan. I'd like to beat my wife on a stage or two now and then, just for ego's sake. :lol:

-Mike

If you cover the front of the lens on the C-more (or any dot sight) your dominate eye can no longer see the target but will still see the dot. The non-dominate eye can see the target but not the dot. If you are using both eyes, with a sight focus on the target (opposite of iron sights, which should be focused on the front sight), your persistence of vision will see the dot superimposed on the target. Great way to force you to use a target focus with a dot gun becasue if you use a sight focus you will loose the target.

MDA

If you cover the front of the lens on the C-more (or any dot sight) your dominate eye can no longer see the target but will still see the dot. The non-dominate eye can see the target but not the dot. If you are using both eyes, with a sight focus on the target (opposite of iron sights, which should be focused on the front sight), your persistence of vision will see the dot superimposed on the target. Great way to force you to use a target focus with a dot gun becasue if you use a sight focus you will loose the target.

MDA

Thanks. I sorta recall it was something like that, and what I think I need to do, but I have slept since then...so the reminder is appreciated.

-Mike

Edited by cnemikeman