Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I get JP rifle length handguard?

burntcrispy

JP has a hold on production. Apparently they have barrel nut issues they are trying to rectify before they fill back orders. I've been trying to get one from Brownells and Midway but they have been back ordered for a while. I finally called Brownells the other day and got this info about the barrel nut.

UHMMMMM.......They are not on hold, never were. It was a matter of not having them. Basically a production capacity issue. Just got off the phone with Dave at JP, retaining nuts are coming back from heat treat and they will have hand gaurds ready to ship later this week.

I say order one right from JP.....you'll have it next week.

You could always order it from Viking tactics... I just had one delivered today that I ordered on saturday... I was told from a friend of mine that Brownells was not going to handle them anymore.. not sure on that though

Don't mean to hi-jack your thread but its somewhat related...

I'm thinking of putting the JP full-length handguard on my carbine with an adjustable JP gasblock. Does anybody know if the gas bleed off can be accessed through the slots on the handguard or would I need to remove the handguard to adjust it?

Thanks,

Andy

I'm thinking of putting the JP full-length handguard on my carbine with an adjustable JP gasblock. Does anybody know if the gas bleed off can be accessed through the slots on the handguard or would I need to remove the handguard to adjust it?

Thanks,

Andy

It is accessible.

Thanks,

Andy

With a carbine gas system and rifle handguard mine was only easily accessible with a ball end wrench.

You can almost get it with a standard wrench but the angle can lead to cross threading and a gradual distortion of the threads. Then the set screw blows out and you have a straight pull bolt gun. So either be really careful or buy a set of ball end wrenches.

Alan

I've been looking around but seems like everyone is out right now. Anyone know where I can buy a JP rifle length handguard that is in stock right now?

Thanks.

Guy over on the USPSA Classified Web site has one for sale. "j p V-Tac Modular Hand Guard System - $125.00 - (ad #12386)"

Might try there.

With a carbine gas system and rifle handguard mine was only easily accessible with a ball end wrench.

You can almost get it with a standard wrench but the angle can lead to cross threading and a gradual distortion of the threads. Then the set screw blows out and you have a straight pull bolt gun. So either be really careful or buy a set of ball end wrenches.

Alan

Thanks!