Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prize Table at SMM3G

KalaniLaker

I went to the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun yesterday. It was really fun to watch and the competitors were very friendly.

I wasn't able to stay for the prize awards but I did see the prize tables. With there being something like 5 divisions, does anyone know how the prizes get awarded? Are the prizes seperated by division and then each competitor "walks" the table in order of finish?

This also begs the question: If one is shooting for prizes and cash awards, is there a better division to compete in than another?

I am wondering also if this applies to pistol competiton. Are the prizes for open division better than production or limited?

Thanks in advance.

Papa... Welcome to the Forums..

My eye rolling is a response to your question.. I am sure you are in earnest with the question but it (the Prize Table) is a source of strong and varied feelings from just about everybody who plays the game. We have had many discussions here about this subject here and all of them end unpleasantly. Not laughing at you....

Just laughing... :devil:

With there being something like 5 divisions, does anyone know how the prizes get awarded? Are the prizes seperated by division and then each competitor "walks" the table in order of finish?

Yes. Order of finish in Tac Scope, Tac Iron, HM(Pump and Auto lumped together probably because less shooters) and Open.

This also begs the question: If one is shooting for prizes and cash awards, is there a better division to compete in than another?

I think the larger divisions tend to be "better." There are a lot more shooters to "subsidize" the better shooter's prizes. :lol:

If you are a "lower level" shooter I don't think it matters. But if you are a middling, better or a top 5 shooter your best bet is to enter the largest division (Tac Scope).

Are the prizes for open division better than production or limited?

Limited will tend to be better than Production. Again more shooters to "subsidize" the better shooter's prizes.