Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference between pre-ban and post band magazines?

Carloz

From what I understand the pre-ban magazines are shorter in length and the post-ban magazines are longer, besides the this is there anything else? does this effect capacity? are there any benefits to either?

Thanks,

Carlos

Hello: From my understanding the pre ban mags will hold more rounds with the correct base pad. The problem is finding the right base pads. I have some pre ban 9mm/38 mags that use the Arredondo + base pads. I don't know how many rounds they hold off hand. I will have to check. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

We are talking about Glocks here, aren't we?!!? What state are you in?

If we are not talking Glocks and not talking STI/SVI, then we must be talking Para Ordnance.

From my limited experience, the pre-ban Para mags seem to be of much higher quality and fit. The pre-ban mags for my 9x21 each held 21 rds reloadable and were dead on reliable. I bought them before mag tuning was even invented.

When I lost those, I tried several new (late 2006) vintage Para mags. I guess I was spoiled by the old mags because I considered these new ones junk. Never got them to work well and finally gave up on them and Rich with Canyon Creek modified a Para mag catch so that I can now use STI/SVI mags.

Bill