Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I cut my giant hands on my glocks

Beretta Lover

I used to shoot a G21 and went to 1911s and Berettas and the XD for a short while

WHen I shoot my small framed glocks G17/34 I lacerate the web of my shooting hand with my glock slide coming back

I dehorned the slide a little, I dont think a glock add on beavertail is legal in USPSA or IDPA, and I'd rather pass on using one anyway

Anyone else run into this

Yeah...........switched to the Smith & Wesson M&P and the problem went away. :)

-Mike

Same here. Fat hands and glock slides are not a good mix. Nothing against people who like Glocks, they're just not for me.

Edited by 1911user

Can't tell you how many times my 34 has made me bleed. I have to use an add on beavertail (Smart Lock)... our weekly shoots are pretty loose on the rules.

Glock's suck for anyone with XL hands, the web of my hand just rides right up and over that sorry excuse they call a beavertail. I've have seen lots of cut hands with the rental 17 at the range as well. The range owner just ordered a Glocktail.

As soon as the M&P Pro is released I'm all over it just for the beavertail.

I used to shoot a lot of GSSF (Glock only match) and my 17 cut me every time; I also have big mits. Back when Sevigny came to GSSF events, he showed us his Limited Glock and a Open/steel glock he once had - he pointed out that he had slightly beveled the lower edge of the cocking serations on those guns so they would not cut him (though not on his Production Glock of course).

But stick with the Glock; if Dave can work around the issue, I am sure you will also find a way.

No cuts here...this thread reminds me of the old physician adage...

Patient-"Doc, it hurts when I do this." *makes awkward arm movement*

Doc-"Then stop doing that!"

If the Glock platform doesn't suit your shooting, then go with what works! There are plenty of alternatives in every division of USPSA, as well as IDPA. XD, M&P, CZ.....