Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie here

Elkdude

Newbie here and just wanted to introduce myself. This site was recommened by family member of mine, I have been on THR for a while but this is my first time visiting this forum. I have shot a little competition a few years ago but I am by far a beginner trying to get started again. Currently all I have to use is either a XD in .45 or a Kimber Custom. The CZ 75 was recommened and I am currently searching the market for one these. I am thinking about 9mm instead of .40 due to the fact that I don't reload and don't know how.

Newbie here and just wanted to introduce myself. This site was recommened by family member of mine, I have been on THR for a while but this is my first time visiting this forum. I have shot a little competition a few years ago but I am by far a beginner trying to get started again. Currently all I have to use is either a XD in .45 or a Kimber Custom. The CZ 75 was recommened and I am currently searching the market for one these. I am thinking about 9mm instead of .40 due to the fact that I don't reload and don't know how.

Welcome to the site Elkdude. You will find what you seek here. I am fairly new to the scene as well and this site/members have been a great help.

Also don't forget to use the "search" function as many of your questions may have been asked...the site has been up for quite a while.

As far as caliber...that depends/dicates which class you will shoot. CZ's are very popular in production class. In that class you will be best off if you shoot 9mm as they don't score larger calibers differently. With the Kimber custom...I'm assuming .45...you can shoot the "new" single stack" class. This class is for John Browning type pistols...not any single action...John Browning type only. Your XD would fit into Limited/limited10 and you would get credit for major power factor...for that matter I guess you could shoot your Kimber in limited 10 but you'd be better using that in SS...I think.

<ramble off>

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

and FWIW I didn't re-load when I first started here last fall either...

hk_mtbr

Newbie here and just wanted to introduce myself. This site was recommenced by family member of mine, I have been on THR for a while but this is my first time visiting this forum. I have shot a little competition a few years ago but I am by far a beginner trying to get started again. Currently all I have to use is either a XD in .45 or a Kimber Custom. The CZ 75 was recommenced and I am currently searching the market for one these. I am thinking about 9mm instead of .40 due to the fact that I don't reload and don't know how.

Welcome to the forum!! :cheers:

You have found the wisest of the wise here. Drakes and Hens alike... B) Search away and you should find the answers to your questions... Just ask of course if you don't. As to your statement... I would just go ahead and shoot what you have in one of the mentioned divisions for now. One thing I learned very quickly, was that it will take you a little while before you REALLY know what you may want, and what division you might like to shoot in. You might already have what you need? Just go out an shoot what you have for now, save the money to get more ammo! Shooting a .45 you will need it.... LOL :cheers:

Let me add my welcome too. We're glad to have you with us. There is a wealth of both great information and great shooters here. The amount of knowledge and people's willingness to share it here is truly awesome. :bow:

You can easily shoot Limited 10 or with either of your guns assuming the Kimber is a .45 as well. I shot it for a couple of years and it is a hoot. If you prefer, you can use your Kimber 1911 and shoot Single Stack.

For a pretty modest investment you can get a CR Speed belt and mag holders that can be converted to any other Division should you want to eventually change. Add a Bladetech DOH holster (L-10 only) or non-offset version (Single Stack) for your chosen firearm along with five or six mags and you are fully equipped to make Grand Master. :)

Also, if you tell us where you are shooting matches, you're likely to get to meet one or more of us in person. See, there is a black lining to every cloud. ;)

Edited by XD Niner

Sure I'll tell you I live in Missoula, Mt I would like to meet with some of the shooters here but they meet on Wednesday and I have church on those nights so I am hoping one day i'll run into one of them that shoots on off days.

Edited by Elkdude