Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotguns

walangkatapat

Gunbroker, has some very suitable M1 Benelli's for under 1000.00. Mine hasn't cost me 1000.00 yet, even with modifications and repairs :cheers:

I'm unsure where the 2000.00 price tag for a stock Benelli has come from, I would bet that most of us, if not all, can get guns for less than suggested retail.

when my gun does go down for whatever reason, I try to figure out if its me or the gun, or what I'm feeding it. if its the gun, and something has broke or been worn out then thats life, why would you feel like a DORK.? If its me, then maybe i'd feel stupid, but hopefully i've learned something from the experience,.............and that is valuable, so why feel like a DORK, for learning a valuable lesson. Now, if it was a lesson that I should have already learned, and failed to heed it,..............then maybe feeling like a DORK, would be correct. But guns are simply tools that need care, and its up to me to care for it. I watched a very good shooter have a malfunction the other day, during the last course of fire for the day. when the stage was over they came over and said that they forgot to lube the gun after a full day of shooting and that that was the reason for the malfunction, a lack of proper care, it was his fault not the guns. no tool is impervious to breakage, so why feel responsible for it if the breakage is beyond your scope of responsibility.

Trapr

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unsure where the 2000.00 price tag for a stock Benelli has come from, I would bet that most of us, if not all, can get guns for less than suggested retail.

Trapr

It comes from the price of the shotgun (900-1200 depending on many things) and the price of the modifications; the magazine extension, the mag tube extension clamp, high vis sights, an big button for the bolt release, and some modifications to the bolt carrier assembly to increase reliability with light loads. EDITED TO ADD shortening and polishing the lift gate to preclude the dreaded Benelli thumb!

Roughly 1100 + 800 or so.

I just picked up my M2 21" this afternoon. It functioned one three shot magazine with 1 1/8 oz 3 dram equivalent loads. We will see.

Edited by Michael Carlin

Michael, my thoughts were that the quote was for a STOCK Benelli, because generally thats all you need.

BTW, You should have a trouble free time with your new shotty. Oil the carrier and camming bolt on the bolt itself and you should have a great shooting gun. mine generally gets those parts oiled every 50 to 60 rounds at a match, just to give me peace of mind.

trapr

trapr,

Thanks for the guidance and encouragement. My work schedule conspires against me. The shotgun was in at Scheels in Eau Claire for about three weeks before I could pick it up. I have a training session laid on in early April. I guess that I will shoot it the way it is and see what it needs, as I do not think I have time (nor the money) to send it off for modification. I must say that it cycles very quickly and the recoil is not particularly bad from my point of view.

But, I am not a huge guy (5'8", 172) so maybe it can push me around enough to cycle with lighter loads.

Of the three autos I am aware of; gas, recoil and inertia, each has its good points.

Edited by Michael Carlin

my M1 has been a great gun, Benny had been on me to shave the bolt carrier since I'd gotten it, but it functioned just fine the way it was, even with light loads(i'm 5'11" 215lbs.) when my recoil spring went bad, he went ahead and shaved the carrier when he replaced the spring.

oiling the cam pin seems to be an easy way of keeping it running, you do have to remove the barrel to get at it though. from what I've seen keeping guns oiled seems to be the trick to keeping them running, be it AR's or shotguns, its easy but people tend to put it off.

trapr

I have a friend that bought an X2 and then would give me crap about how I

had to buy the really expensive gun and he just cant afford such waste. After I

told him that the gun costs about $1000.00 + $90.00 for the tube (X-2 $950.00)

he became upset and proceeded to argue that I was a liar !!!

Huh, there is some rumors out there about the price of a Benelli !! :D

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Two, three, four hundred dollars more? Heh, it's IPSC thats pocket change. If I wanted an inexpensive sport I'd play marbles.

Waste??? How many times have you beat your buddy with that Benelli? A couple hundred extra for bragging rights is worth it!!

X

Edited by ShaunH

I have a friend that bought an X2 and then would give me crap about how I

had to buy the really expensive gun and he just cant afford such waste. After I

told him that the gun costs about $1000.00 + $90.00 for the tube (X-2 $950.00)

he became upset and proceeded to argue that I was a liar !!!

Huh, there is some rumors out there about the price of a Benelli !! :D

I paid all of $600 for a m1s90. Very lightly used. Nodic extension, side saddle, and little bolt release button, and I'm still way under $800. Oh yea I had to buy some linguini too. :devil:

• 2 weeks later...