Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midway USA Shipping $$$$

el pres

Don't forget what has happened to fuel prices in the last year or two. We bitch and moan because it costs an extra $20 to get to and from work. Try and imagine what .50 cents a gallon does to UPS or Fed Ex. In the city those big brown trucks are lucky to get 6 or 8 MPG. They run all day long, every day. A fully laden 747 uses 3,000 gallons to takeoff and climb to 30,000 ft. At cruise it burns 1 gallon PER SECOND. That's 3,600 gallons per hour. Airlines are going broke left and right. 3 went under last week alone. Delta is scheduled to lay off thousands in the near future. Fuel costs are a big reason why. To be totally honest, I'm surprised the shipping costs are still as cheap as they are. They still have free shipping on large orders of bulk bullets. And remember, Arizona has 8.3% sales tax. You don't pay that on a Midway purchase. You would be hard pressed to incur a $83.00 shipping fee on a thousand dollar purchase from Midway. And even if you did, you broke even over a local purchase of the same $$$. Bill T.

I place an order with them last week on 2 different items. When I didn't receive a shipping notification after a couple of days I called just to see what was the status. The rep explained that one of the items was still on back order (I knew this when I ordered), and to avoid additional S&H they were holding the in-stock items so all could be shipped together and save me extra S&H. I like that.