Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Law Enforcement Tactical 3 Gun

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read all 7 pages of the post but the ones I read were interesting. I would like to share that my PD, Minneapolis, has a shooting team we've been building over a few years that is getting out and about to a lot of competitions. We had 14 regulars who shot a total of 118 matches this year to include some out-of-state matches. Collectively, team members participated in 401 matches.

Our team just put on a city wide competition for our officers. It was a memorial competition named for a fellow LEO SHOOTER who passed away. We have around 900 sworn on the PD and had 73 officers compete. We felt it was a good turn out. Stage was set with three arays of 4 targets in our indoor ranger. We required lateral movement and 2 mag changes. Also had a swinger target. Scoring was modified due to multiple different weapons used.

Our whole gole as a Police Shooting Team is to compete in the civilian arena to mix it up in a competitive environment with some of our most staunch advocates.

Will any of these be held in the SE part of the US in 2009?

We are in the beginning stages of planning a match at Tristate Gun Club (www.tristategunclub.org) for 12 Oct 2009. We are located in SE Alabama close to Ft Rucker, and hold about 6 multigun matches a year. We have 8 bay including a shoot house, a seperate jungle run, and a seperate, large multipurpose bay with shots out to 125 yds. In addition, we also have a 15 point rifle range. We meet all the NRA requirements (shelters on bays, running water, electricity, ample parking, etc.). Over the years we have accumulated a number of excellect props and targets (swingers, drop turners, clamshell, flash targets, mousetrap activater, clay pigeon holders). Our club holds monthly USPSA and IDPA matches and has experienced CRO/RO/SOs to run stages. We have a close relationship with area LE and will host an area FBI Firearms Instructor course again this spring. We provide facilities and support for firearms qualifications to several area sheriff/police departments and a large DoD security contractor . Stay tuned for further info.