Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Springs / base pads

WWJD

The base pads are completely different, which is why I made my own to fit perfectly with the Tanfoglio magazines. As for Grams stuff, these are made specifically to work with the feed lips on the Tanfoglio magazines. Before I had the followers made specifically I was using the STI/SVI kits. They work, but the follower may pop thru and you will want to bend the top spring to the right so that it stays inside. The Grams/Tanfoglio follower is the way to go.

I just got Dawson Glock pads and they fit perfectly on my .38 super witness elite gold mags. I am also using Glock springs w/ a follower that came with the mags / STI spring on my big stick. No issues so far (200 rds through each mag).

Henning - you really need to make a base that comes off quick for cleaning - alot of sand here in the south.

what capacity do you get with those springs/mags ?

With the H-140's I get 24 with new SC brass and 23 once fired, thats with Grams spring and followers. A Big stick with H-170's I get 29 with new and 28 once fired. These magazines have always fun flawless for me. With the Bondus I find them pretty easy to clean.

Leo

Ya - the Glock spring/dawson base combo didn't work.

After a mere 4 mag loads the mags began to malfunction again. The springs lost tension and every 3-4 rounds would stand up in the mag/slide. The springs were twistered when relaxed in a weird way. I am pretty sure the entire body is shot but I have handed the package over to a guy who knows alot more than me (that isn't saying much - I really don't know much anyway). I will keep the thread informed on how we finally get this gun to run.

Ya - the Glock spring/dawson base combo didn't work.

After a mere 4 mag loads the mags began to malfunction again. The springs lost tension and every 3-4 rounds would stand up in the mag/slide. The springs were twistered when relaxed in a weird way. I am pretty sure the entire body is shot but I have handed the package over to a guy who knows alot more than me (that isn't saying much - I really don't know much anyway). I will keep the thread informed on how we finally get this gun to run.

Probably a good reason why not to re-invent what already works with Hennings pads and Grams internals.

Leo

Henning, you don't have spring/follower kits for the small frame, do you?

Thanks

I don’t know this for sure but I read somewhere that Gram’s made some for angus cz 75 champion. Those should work!!

Henning, you don't have spring/follower kits for the small frame, do you?

Thanks

I don’t know this for sure but I read somewhere that Gram’s made some for angus cz 75 champion. Those should work!!

Henning's followers were made by Grams for our mags they are hard to beat and the CZ TS has a slightly different magazine. Most of us have large frame guns not the smaller CZ frame that works in 9mm.

Leo

going with the Hennings spring/follower kit. The bases just don't work for me. I have a tone of sand here in the south and the set screw is a pain to remove to clean the mag in between stages. Any alternatives out there?