Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Discovering Iron Maiden 20 years too late.

mpolans

Sitting in a parking lot in Benny's LT1 Camero with the tops out getting hammered with 700 watts of Metallica the other day... looked up and saw a bunch of "kids" just staring at us with their mouths open.... Too funny. Probably thinking how we were "50 footers" B)

http://www.derekriggs.com/

He is the artist who did all of the Maiden covers. Go on to his site and you will find some kick ass drawings from album covers (yes I still call them albums) and other tour stuff.

I absolutely love Maiden although, some of the newer stuff I don't really care for (fear of the dark).

Also listen to the first 2 albums they are much more raw and gritty with Paul Di'Anno signing. Those songs sometimes don't sound right with Bruce Dickinson signing them.

The whole thrash music scene Anthrax, Exodus, Overkill, Metallica (pre haircuts), Slayer. Some of the glam or hair metal.

Bon Scott era AC/DC rules.

There was so much good music that came from the '80s. All of which has made me into the perfectly unbalanced individual that I am.

Sorry for the drift.

By the way I am seeing Maiden in NJ on 3/14/08 general admission seats! (Insert the horns and rock scream here)

Edited by ronhonda

slayer

Used to love Slayer, but then I saw them live for the first time a couple of years ago. WOW, what an utter disappointment.... Now all I can think of when I hear them is that abysmal performance. :(