Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Checking Loads

justicentyme

Most of the matches that I’ve been to there has been no chrono or scale. I have also never seen any pistol disassembled to see if the slide has been lightened internally, guide rod is of proper weight, etc. That doesn’t give anyone permission to cheat. If you do you are bound to get caught, sooner or later, and it’s not an FTDR it’s a DQ. I have also never seen a “range” gun for use at the chrono, but you can (and should) bring a spare to the match for the “just in case” moments.

Most of the matches that I’ve been to there has been no chrono or scale. I have also never seen any pistol disassembled to see if the slide has been lightened internally, guide rod is of proper weight, etc. That doesn’t give anyone permission to cheat. If you do you are bound to get caught, sooner or later, and it’s not an FTDR it’s a DQ. I have also never seen a “range” gun for use at the chrono, but you can (and should) bring a spare to the match for the “just in case” moments.

Speaking just for myself, I don't think IDPA is as concerned about catching cheaters as are some other shooting sports. Cheaters never prosper, right? It's not that the rules shouldn't be enforced, but there's just not the adversarial relationship between staff and shooter that there is in some sports. One of the duties of IDPA staff is to ensure that competitors have a good time, and I don't recall sweating the chrono as a good time. :)

<snip> It's not that the rules shouldn't be enforced, but there's just not the adversarial relationship between staff and shooter that there is in some sports. One of the duties of IDPA staff is to ensure that competitors have a good time,... <snip>

An army of one.

What a great attitude. Yes, I do mean it. :cheers:

Amen RickB.

I pray for some that their seeds of dissatisfaction will someday blossom into flowers of positive action. The fields are certainly well-fertilized.

Craig

Edited by Bones