Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing Pin for Small Frame + Henning Slide Stop Pin

sinnsyk

So, I have decided to make a firing pin for the small frame Tanfoglio pistols. Currently EAA doesn't import the small frame pistols into the US any more, but all over the world Tanfoglio sells their 9mm in the small frame and I thought it was about time to provide the same quality firing pin that I have for the large frame.

The pin will look identical to the long one, just shorter. The OAL is 2.480" and it is 0.025" effectively longer than the factory pin. It's made of 420 Stainless and hardened to Rockwell 50. It'll be about 33% lighter than the factory firing pin and won't chip like the factory does. It is made to work with Double Action hammer forward models like the Stock II. It'll be a great firing pin for those of you who shoot the Gold Team 9mm, Limited 9mm, Match 9mm, Stock II 9mm etc.

In fact, this firing pin will also work in Armalite AR-24 pistols. I don't have a CZ, but I bet it'll work in those guns too !

This product will be available in about 2-4 weeks.

The other new product coming out is my new 'TiteFit Slide Pin'. This is a high quality slide stop pin made out of S7 tool steel. This is the preferred steel of choice for all after market slide stop manufacturers. It'll be hardened to Rockwell 45 and will be the slide stop pin you will want to use over factory. The slide pin hole measures 0.200" and this pin is 0.198". The factory is 0.196". This means it'll lift the barrel slightly tighter than the factory which will be beneficial to the gun. It's slick and almost flush to both sides of the frame. I've decided to make it stick out only 0.020" on both sides. Of course if you want you could easily fit it to flush yourself. It'll look really good and it'll serve you well.

;-))

The large frame FP OAL is 2.640" and the small frame FP OAL is 2.480". All the difference between the two is designed between the two gliding points. On the small frame it measures 0.535" and on the large frame it is 0.695". The other difference is that the small frame OD of the firing tip is 0.060" vs 0.062" on the large frame. This was done to match the factory dimensions through the firing pin hole.

Basically they will be identical in length after the 2nd gliding point and forward so that the same firing pin spring can be used for both.

In comparison to the factory firing pin, mine sits 0.025" longer inside the slide. It is made so that you can rest the hammer forward safely for Double Action models. In reality the Large frame firing pin is really only suitable for Single Action, whereas the short will work for both DA and SA models. I've done it this way so that Stock II 9mm can use this firing pin which comes as small frame.

If you guys want, I can put it in the web store now. I will ship regular products right away and mail out the firing pin separately later.

Edited by sinnsyk

Slide Pin... I'm considering down the road to also make a factory replacement slide stop with the slide lock lever. I could do this using the same slide pin and manufacture a lever that can be attached to it. Personally I've never been a big fan of functioning slide stops since they seem to lock back when they're not supposed to.

However, for Production, Limited 10 etc where magazine capacity is a constant issue, the slide lock is very useful and more or less necessary. For Open (30 rnd capacity) and Limited (22nrd capacity) I just count my rounds when I shoot and reload before I run out. But it would be pretty cool to have a high quality, high strength slide stop that works the way it was intended to.

What's you guys opinion of this? It's a lot more complicated than making just a slide pin, but it could be worth it. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about what to do with the open hole that TMFAKBFS was concerned with :D

If I thread some of these slide pins, it would be easy enough to manufacture a lever that can be attached to the pin. Just as a note, this won't happen right away, but I'm thinking ahead so that the new pin can be used for a future functional slide stop.

I'm not THAT concerned with the open hole ;) The only real advantage I would like to have is that my slide wouldn't lock up. It does since I replaced my Arredondo followers with the Grams. The EGW slidestop will prevent this, and I think the Henning Slidestop also will do it. I will cover the hole with a piece of griptape ;)

Im going to have to get another firing pin from ya. ive seemed to have damaged my new one. I left it on the work bench after doing weights i dropped a dumbell ontop of the small end and bent it. which it was only a slight bend, but ive attempted to straight it :blink: and kind of wrecked it hahaha now im just using it an a high quality pin punch.

im clumsy sometimes. ill get a new firing pin and some other stuff :)

henning,greetings from the philippines.

tanfoglio has a big market over here and ARMSCOR is the sole distributor & one of your sponsors.

do you have any problems transporting it here?

i'm planning to order already some of your NICE stuffs.

at last!!!!!!!!more power

I will ship to Phillippines as long as it's a residential address.

Also, I've been in communication with a possible dealer for me in Manila.

For all others in countries over the world: If you're interested in becoming a dealer for my products, just send me an email. I've got several dealers in the process of being set up and these companies are already dealers for me:

Eric Grauffel / www.ericgrauffel.com, France

Saul Kirsch / Double Alpha Academy, Holland

Winge Vapen, Norway

PracTac, Norway

Working on a couple of potential dealers in Canada, Phillippines and France.

Looking for a dealer in Sweden, Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and other countries that are interested.

sinnsyk Posted Feb 24 2008, 10:58 AM

What would be cool about designing a functional slide stop is that I could eventually make one that'll work perfect with the Grams follower.

The grams follower makes my factory slide catch work about 90-95% of the time... I would run your oversize pin or the EGW model, but I prefer to have the function of the slide catch: Helps me notice (and solve) my mistake of shooting empty more quickly. :D

C