Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seeing the sights lift

Brian Payne

I was so pleased to actually "see the sights lift" at my last match. The front sight was much easier to see lift as the round went off because it was completely backgrounded by the white of the no-shoot I just blasted. Dang I hate that! Just when I think I am starting to get the hang of this stuff, I let something like that happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Just read in another forum that they are no longer called No Shoots, they are now called "MEDIC"!! After Mike I shoot "Medic" most frequently. Luckily I shoot IPSC where only the first two shots count.

A friend of mine had the ultimate- Virginia count: he sees that "Medic" got one and in the heat of the moment he fills inn- and gets another "Medic". The "penalty" colum was kinda busy that day.

• 2 months later...
uote name='CHRIS KEEN' date='Mar 6 2008, 05:22 AM' post='717267']

The group of guys I shoot with would not let you hit a no-shoot without reminding the entire squad (and sometimes the whole range) that HEY, WE NEED SOME WHITE PASTERS OVER HERE! :lol:

Great guys! :)

Hey!! You shoot with the same guys I do !!! :roflol:

In my IDPA club they made you initial next to the tape since they were all brown so everyone else in all the

following squads can see who hit the no shoot !!

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

In the past I shot a match that would have a cow bell at every stage. It had a placard that said,"I shoot hostages." When you caught a no-shoot they rang the bell after the range was cleared and hung it around your neck! :surprise: I used to giggle when my dad got that thing. :goof: Wonder if they still do that.

I was so pleased to actually "see the sights lift" at my last match. The front sight was much easier to see lift as the round went off because it was completely backgrounded by the white of the no-shoot I just blasted. Dang I hate that! Just when I think I am starting to get the hang of this stuff, I let something like that happen.

That is hillarious!! :roflol: