Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What direction to remove front sight?

Gary1911A1

I have an older Long Slide with the Supersight rear. I ordered a front dovetail fiber optic sight that I want to replace the fat front blue steel sight with that is on it. Looking at the rear of the slide as if shooting it doesn't the older steel front sight need to me removed right to left as common to 1911s'?

I've given up. Got the allen screw out fine, but can't budge the front sight and now I'm afraid I'll get the hammer out next. :surprise: Going to take it up to Shawn at Vances today to see if he can replace it for me. I'll post pictures when he's done.

I've given up. Got the allen screw out fine, but can't budge the front sight and now I'm afraid I'll get the hammer out next. :surprise: Going to take it up to Shawn at Vances today to see if he can replace it for me. I'll post pictures when he's done.

I have used a small block of lexan or a delrin rod so i didn't mart the sight. Some of them are in there pretty good and takes a little work. a vice with soft jaws to hold it really helps.

Leo