Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am trying to convert to off hand reload.

vrmn1

I reload weak hand for a few reasons. I learned from the beginning that way, I feel it keeps the muzzle pointed in the correct direction, your strong hand stays in the correct grip to get back to shooting as soon as possible. As far as where the reload takes place, up high or down low seems to make no difference to me as either way you need to reach for your belt to get the new rounds and get them into the gun and then the gun needs to be brought back up to shooting position. Kind of a six-of-one, half-a-dozen of the other situation. Personally I believe that up high the gun stays pointed towards your next target and less time is lost with regaining your sight picture. But that's just me.

I will have to agree with Mr. Carmoney on the gun position during the reload. In my experience (using mostly comp III's) if I keep the gun high, I tend to leave the gun too horizontal...in other words, gravity does not help to clear the empties, only the force of my hand hitting the ejector rod, and I get brass hung up under the star. And whether I use comp III's or moons, it seems that I have trouble closing the cylinder when I keep the gun high. Just my experience, but it might be worth paying some attention to these things in your own practice.

Take care,

DM

P.S. I use a strong hand reload

At the range this morning I nailed a 1.2 second reload today. Once of course but I did it.

I looked at the timer 3 times to make sure I was seeing it right.

Did you miss your foot? :lol:

Just kidding, that's an awesome reload!

41mag

At the range this morning I nailed a 1.2 second reload today. Once of course but I did it.

I looked at the timer 3 times to make sure I was seeing it right.

Did you miss your foot? :lol:

Just kidding, that's an awesome reload!

41mag

Yep and I even hit the HUGE steel plate I was shooting. I ain't sure how. :lol: