Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MultiGun at PCSI Range, Circleville Ohio

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have to miss BGSL to get another practice in before KY state!

Damn, might get a chance to shoot together. Will be good practice before KY State. That's why I'm going.

Chris C.

I think its 4 hours for me...that would be a haul for you wouldn't it?

I might have to miss BGSL to get another practice in before KY state!

Damn, might get a chance to shoot together. Will be good practice before KY State. That's why I'm going.

Chris C.

I think its 4 hours for me...that would be a haul for you wouldn't it?

As you can see from the Owensboro results I need to shoot all I can. I will probably go up Saturday evening and crash at a motel somewhere.

Chris C.

BTW, will there be the need to bring slugs???

Chris C.

You will need slugs, how many is not known at this point. Michael is still working on the stages. Know where they hit at 50yds. Looks like you had a pretty good turn out for your first Multi gun. See ya in May.

Chris C.

You will need slugs, how many is not known at this point. Michael is still working on the stages. Know where they hit at 50yds. Looks like you had a pretty good turn out for your first Multi gun. See ya in May.

The turn out was more than we expected. A ton of new shooters. That's a good thing! Slugs, I like slugs. Salt works good.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Chris C.

The turn out was more than we expected. A ton of new shooters. That's a good thing! Slugs, I like slugs. Salt works good.

Chris C.

mmmm salt, tequila, lime...mmmmm

Hey how far will the rifle shots be do I need ta bring my good ammo :blush:

never mind, flex said 50 to 100 yards. Might still use up....that other stuff lol.

Edited by steel1212

do you guys know where your going to stay?

Not sure yet. I have a buddy that's also coming that get discounts thru a certain hotel chain. I think he gets them at 1/2 price. He's working on it now. I'll PM the info to you once we get it figured out.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

You guys should know that that monthly USPSA pistol match will be held the day before (1st Saturday). It's a real good match if you are looking to get some shooting in.

:surprise: Well. That throws a monkey into the mix. Not sure about the pistol match but I will make plans the next multigun match they have and come up for two days.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

You guys should know that that monthly USPSA pistol match will be held the day before (1st Saturday). It's a real good match if you are looking to get some shooting in.

Same place?

Hmmmm, I'll be shooting limited by then....

Edited by steel1212

:surprise: Well. That throws a monkey into the mix. Not sure about the pistol match but I will make plans the next multigun match they have and come up for two days.

Chris C.

After the pistol match we will be setting up for the multigun we will most likley be there late in the day if you want to come by and check out the range and what stages we may already have up.

• 2 weeks later...
The Pickaway County Sportsman’s Range near Circleville, Ohio is hosting four (4) Level 1 USPSA MultiGun matches this year. As far as we know, these are the only USPSA MultiGun matches being offered in Ohio. We’re planning 6 MultiGun stages at each match. Match dates are May 4, June 29, Aug 3 & Oct 19. For more information, match schedule, rules & equipment overview feel free to visit: http://pcsirange.com/html/divisions.html#multigun_home

Michael Craig

multigun@pcsirange.com

Hey guys!!

The stages for our May 4th MultiGun match are now available for your viewing pleasure at: http://www.defensivepistol.org/2008PCSIMultiGunStages.html

Michael Craig

I kinda liking the 40-50 round stages. Going to get our money's worth for sure. On steel rifle cartridges do you mean rifle bullets with a steel core like military ball ammo?

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

when you have 6 stages and over 200 rounds of ammo...yeah should be a good time.

I was looking over the stages and noticed something. Why aren't either all the metric or all the Classic targets for either just rifle or Pistol? I noticed on one stage you would shoot the metrics with rifle and on another stage shoot it with pistol? I don't know maybe that is to make me think harder but wouldn't it be simple just to say all Metrics are rifle and all classics are pistol unless designated for slugs? Just a thought.

My montana golds will be here friday or sat so I can go to the range and test run everything....fun fun.

Edited by steel1212

I kinda liking the 40-50 round stages. Going to get our money's worth for sure. On steel rifle cartridges do you mean rifle bullets with a steel core like military ball ammo?

Chris C.

Yes! It is difficult to determine with 100% certainty with a magnet whether a rifle cartridge has just a steel case or if it has a steel case and steel core. Therefore to eliminate the problem we are going to prohibit the use of rifle cartridges than contain any steel. If we incorrectly ID a cartridge and it ends up blowing a hole through our steel or creates a large crater then who pays for the replacement? We have replacement steel but not enough for all of our targets should someone blast away at all of our ar500 with steel core bullets.

Hope that helps.

Michael

when you have 6 stages and over 200 rounds of ammo...yeah should be a good time.

I was looking over the stages and noticed something. Why aren't either all the metric or all the Classic targets for either just rifle or Pistol? I noticed on one stage you would shoot the metrics with rifle and on another stage shoot it with pistol? I don't know maybe that is to make me think harder but wouldn't it be simple just to say all Metrics are rifle and all classics are pistol unless designated for slugs? Just a thought.

My montana golds will be here friday or sat so I can go to the range and test run everything....fun fun.

Good catch on Stage 3 - Zig Zag. Somehow this one got flipped inadvertantly. That's an easy fix. As you observed, to simplify our task when shooting a stage I made a point of standardizing which firearm is going to engage which type of target except when transitioning to slugs. Then I had to use what ever target was not in play previously. So sometimes slugs are on metric and sometimes on classic. Thanks for the input.

Michael