Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

can you hurt stainless bull

colt

Can you hurt the fine accuracy of a 20'' bull barrel of a AR shooting 3 gun stages. I shot some good groups for me at 100 and 200 yards . It is my first AR and I never thought I could ever shoot it like that. Some have told me it would hurt the accuracy of the barrel shooting a big stage if it gets hot.

Its the end of Jan. and I feel sorry for the ground hogs around here already !!

Yes you can damage your barrel beyond any accuracy constraints by shooting 3-gun stages! ESPECIALLY if you are really good at shooting fast and accurate. I would never use a "good rifle" for 3-gun...now just sell me that barrel and I will get you a junker so you can shoot 3-gun with no worries :lol:

I know a couple of guys who shot a stage that had so many rounds that thier barrels (ss) changes color like a motorcyle pipe, nice purple and blue they got so hot. Both are still less than 1 M.O.A barrels so I gues I wouldn't give it another thought! KURTM

I personally wouldn't want to pack around a bull. Hell it gives you a excuse to at least get another upper! :cheers:

Better yet tell her you don't want to wear out that fine trigger :rolleyes: and need a whole new gun. I just buy parts a little at a time and then my other half always says "where the hell did that come from" lol

Edited by steel1212