Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help!---Keep getting kicked off internet

We have a DSL line at work (small business). Everytime I am on the internet, I wind up getting that Microsoft error message--that one that asks whether you want to send Microsoft a message. I hit "do not send" and the internet shuts down.

More specifically, I can get on the internet and use Yahoo as my home page. I then navigate to a site. If, for example, I log in to my web-based e-mail, I can open an e-mail, but then get that error message when I want to return to the inbox. This problem also occurs if I, say, look at some pictures on the first page of a website gallery; I look at the pics on the first page and then get the error message when I click to go to another page.

Any suggestions?

You more than likely aren't losing the internet, IE is crashing and snitching to MS about what happened. Like the poster above said try Firefox and see if the same thing happens. I never use IE except on those rare sites :angry2: that don't work well with Firefox.

You can also run "ping www.yahoo.com" at a command prompt (or with run) and see that the internet is still there after these crashes.

David