Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate little balls

kurtm

I hate that once fired FC 223 cases arent able to hold a new primer. I tried to cull out the ones that were "loose" but while balancing the gas system on the good old J.P. I got a chamber full of "small balls" AA 2460 spherical powder. and filled up the locking lug recese. I had to pull the whole thing apart and get out the tooth brush just so I could finish up. :angry2: I have a ton of this once fired FC with crimped in primer, I am just glad I didn't process a whole bunch of it!

Kurt

I load all my 223 on a 550...so you can feel the prime operation

On FC brass there is virtualy NO resistance..so it seems the pockets may be loose to begin with :blink:

I quit using my dillon swager and cut the crimp insted..so I only reload military brass now.

Between (small balls)...and...(short throats)..both being comments in this thread :blink:

I think you should take cover..and prepair for Incoming fire :surprise:

Jim :o

Ok the late night adds are for length and girth...not for small balls! Jim I am with you on this, They were loose to start with, but since they were frangible rounds by "Big Red" I figured they would be low pressure and the pockets would be in good shape ( the primers look great). NOT!! I think the crimp is the only thing holding the primers in in the first place. As for short necks..well I havent seen a late night solution yet but I will keep an eye out! KURTM