Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing my sight picture, freshening up my gun.

I love my trigger and my new sight picture.

I had PaulW sweeten up my trigger a few months ago. I've been shooting ten years, and this is the trigger I've been waiting for. It's light. I won't say how light, but um, this is NOT a carry trigger. It is however truly crisp, NOT a roll through. I can prep the trigger for a tight partial or plate, but it also has just what I want in movement; Positive reset, sweet, light take up and some over travel so the bullet gets out of the barrel before I can wank things low left. :unsure:

I've also changed up my sight picture. I have always shot a .090 in a standard Bomar width rear. Since that eye thing in Bolivia I have no where near the clarity I used to and the blank smooth, fibre optic front site with the end blossomed didn't seem to be what I needed. The edges were wearing shiny and a crisp site picture just wasn't happening like it should.

On my skinny gun I have a Heinie .120 rear, and a .100 front with serrations. It's the same relation as far as light in the sight picture, but that little difference makes the sight picture just JUMP out at me. and it's nice to have those serrations to focus on when you really need to. I also wanted a fibre optic, but non-blossomed and crisp.

The solution didn't exist off the shelf, but with a little measuring, filing and serrating I've got what I want. I ordered some .100 width Fronts from Brazos, I like how there are two "chambers" for the FO rod, but they don't come serrated. Plus I have an STI rear with the .110 notch. PaulW jumped in with the files, serrating the front, and opening the rear to .120. He reblued it. It looks totally professional, and I get just what I need; I have the FO there for quick stuff, the serrations when I need that front site focus, and pleny of light, but a front big enough I can actually see it.

Thanks brother :cheers: