Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom 75

tomgallup

I was just wondering if anyone has seen or shot one of the CZ 75 Customs from CZ USA. Are they worth the extra for production or should you go with the SP-01 and get work done elsewhere.

Just pondering a new purchase.

Thanks

the custom guns from Angus are excellent..Matt does a really nice build too..

if you have a good CZ/Tanfoglio guy..they probably can do as good too..

there is a nice one on the classifieds right now for sale..

Getting a gun from Angus is a good deal. He charges you a minimal price for the gun itself, all the after market parts that he puts on it and then the gun smithing. If you add it all up, the charge for the gun smithing and the know how is very minimal.

Eventually, you will put on all the parts that Angus does, just a matter of time. Just add up the whole list and see where you are at.

I have all the respect for Matt as well, heard great things, but never had the pleasure of dealing with him.

Angus built my TS and it is flat out amazing to shoot. I had him work on it before I shot the gun so can't speak as to the improvement over stock but great workmanship and like I said, a great pistol. I've also heard lots of good things about Matt's work.

Yep, absolutely worth it. If you have to have the work done later there are only a couple guys around that are really good with the CZ platform. I'm not aware of any (could be some though) in Maryland. If you have to ship the pistol out to have the work done on it you're going to add around $100.00 for round trip shipping. That alone makes it worth it for me. Also, if there is anything else you want done, or something that you don't want done, you can order it that way.

Got my CZ 75B fm Matt in Sept. Set up pretty much the way he sets up his own guns...It has everything I thought I wanted and is awesome...set up correctly from the get go. I did not want to piece-meal it so I had him do it right the first time. I was in touch w/Matt often and he helped me w/every question along the way. He was quick w/suggestions and understanding when I didn't want certain things. She's been perfect right out of the box. A real pro for the CZ, much like, I'm sure Angus is, to deal with. I'd recommend Matt just from my personal experience but I don't think you could find two better guys to put a CZ together. Bad thing is I doubt I'll be able to shoot it this summer and don't know what I'm going to do with it yet...

I never thought of going this way for production, i was thinking an m&p for fun when i want to try something other then open or limited. I have a barely used p16 i am looking to sell, so if i sell that this may be a fun project to look into. Thanks for all the feedback.

Tom

Get it through Angus or Matt upfront. Don't screw around piecing it together. You're have the same amount of money it it either way but with a lot less anxiety.

BTW if you get extended safties fit, the set from a 75SA won't fit the SP01. Found out the hard way. 60 bucks down the drain.

I have 2 SP01 customs from Angus, both are great guns..give him a call to discuss questions you might have..He is a pleasure to work with..I know 2 friends who have had Matt Mink pistols and they were happy with them also...

Get it through Angus or Matt upfront. Don't screw around piecing it together. You're have the same amount of money it it either way but with a lot less anxiety.

BTW if you get extended safties fit, the set from a 75SA won't fit the SP01. Found out the hard way. 60 bucks down the drain.

CHRISJOHN..

PM sent.