Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When to use which rhythm

ruready

I'm practising my transitions, but I track my front sight- it shows to me my hits.

There is nothing to hit while you transition between targets. See your sight lift (call the shot) with your vision on your front sight...then, snap your eyes to locate the next target...as the gun come onto the target, bring your vision back to your front sight.

If you keep your vision on your front sight while your transition, you will be slow.

They didn't see. Not if they were shooting a cadence. That is the point. Cadence was determining when they pulled the trigger...not vision.

A bit blunt?

What I see from less developed shooters is a sense of urgency to break the second shot regardless of distance. They develope a "split cadence" so to speak and employ the same cadence any time they have their sights bouncing around on brown. The splits sound about the same on a 7 yards El Pres as they would on a 12 yards El Pres, but the transitions are usually a little slower as the distance increases. I see it all the time and the results are a bunch of Alpha-Charlie hits up close, Charlie-Delta at mid range, with Delta-Mike as the distance increases. But the cadence is always about the same, bang,bang....bang,bang....bang,bang.

Well, about me it's not a matter of "rhythm" :)

All you want to do is to score two alphas on each target, at the best of YOUR possibility.

And it depends not only to your skill-level but also to the distance, the position of the targets, etc. etc.

So, the best thing you can do is "to see what YOU need to see", or - in other words - to have "visual patience".

About this there's a GREAT post by Brian Enos here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52977

• 2 weeks later...

Depends too on the shooter's reflexes. For instance I can only pull the trigger at about .15-.16, so El Prez shots are as fast as I can pull the trigger without jerking because I can index the targets at that distance at that speed.