Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KISS and cast lead bullets

I am considering purchasing a KISS Bullet Feeder for 223, 308, and 45ACP.

I asked Roger the question: Can I use cast lead bullets in the KISS feeder?

His response: "Thank you for your interest in our bulletfeeder. We do not recommend using cast lead bullets with lube in our bulletfeeder, moly-coated, plated and jacketed bullets work just fine."

Although it is not recommended, have any of you done it? Does it work? Is it a matter of the bullet lube gumming up the die?

I am considering purchasing a KISS Bullet Feeder for 223, 308, and 45ACP.

I asked Roger the question: Can I use cast lead bullets in the KISS feeder?

His response: "Thank you for your interest in our bulletfeeder. We do not recommend using cast lead bullets with lube in our bulletfeeder, moly-coated, plated and jacketed bullets work just fine."

Although it is not recommended, have any of you done it? Does it work? Is it a matter of the bullet lube gumming up the die?

I think that the lube would gum up the die, spring and possibly the feeder too.

I'm just using plated bullets in it, but if I have to load lead, it's done singly.

Roger displays some of the best customer service that I have ever experienced. I would stake quite alot on his advice. He knows his product, and us shooters well. If he suggests you would be unhappy with the performance, I would follow the suggestion.

• 8 months later...
Roger displays some of the best customer service that I have ever experienced. I would stake quite alot on his advice. He knows his product, and us shooters well. If he suggests you would be unhappy with the performance, I would follow the suggestion.

for what it's worth, I have loaded about 12,000 cast lead .45 projectiles, about 10K 200 gr LSWC and maybe 2K 230 round nose. have found it works fine, but I do have to break the unit down about every 500-1000 rounds and clean out the bullet collator, feed spring, and bullet dropper with brake cleaner. I load really cheap bullets that I can buy locally, and the lube on the projectile tends to gum up the works. Did have a problem initially with the bullet collator not picking up the 200 gr LSWC profile properly, roger fabricated a small spring wire attachment that kept them from flipping over.

i really love the bullet feeder, now just trying to get ahold of one in .223 (understand they're backordered or waiting on materials).

-Jared