Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Mag Holders

MBaban

I'm interested in purchasing the mag holders, was looking at the CR Speed, two types fr the Glock, one with metal knobs to lossen or tighten the mags. Which do you prefer? Other brands you use? Mark

I like mine a lot. (Caspian, open)

Funny thing is, I used 'em for a month without realizing the two levels of retention. They can lay in for stand and shoots, or you can push 'em in deep for run n gun mode.

I left my #1 mag on the ground a time or two before I figured that out. oops. :)

SA

After dropping two mags on the ground at the Space City Challenge this past weekend, the first thing I did was to buy three of the CR Speed pouches (open shooter). I believe that all of the new pouches come with the inserts for different mags., and all have the adjustment knobs. Good luck with your choice.

Mark

I have used both the Safariland 771 pouch and the CR speed pouch. I personally like the CR speed much more. It is infinitely easier to adjust with the retention knob, and retains the mag better if you are stting your #1 mag at an extreme horizontal angle. Plus being left handed I finally got to buy something that is truly ambidextorous.

Mark,

Go with 3, then get a cheap double pouch (like a Fobus) for the 4th and 5th mags.

As to angles...Burkett covers this pretty good on his DVD's. Jerry "The Burner" Barhhart's tapes cover this pretty well to (as I recall).

Getting the tapes, or taking a class, might seem expensive...but, it is likely some of the best money you can spend.