Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock Ideas/thoughts

stopsign94

Hey guys I'm just looking for a little input as this is going to be my first foray into Open. I've been shooting a G35 in Limited for about a year now and want to try my hand at Open. I just bought a brand new 17 that I want to put a J-Point and a comp on. I have a CCF stainless frame from the Limited gun that I'd like to use w/ the 17 slide. Here's a rundown of what it's gonna be put together with...

CCF stainless Frame (from limited gun)

Charlie Vanek trigger kit (from limited gun)

KKM Hybri-Comp barrel and either SJC, Brian H, or Venry's comp

J-point low melted into slide

Dawson Alum. Ice already on CCF frame

SJC mag button

MAYBE....a CR speed thumbrest (I shot an open gun recently with a thumbrest and loved it, but in gripping/looking at my gun it looks like it would have to mount right over/in the locking block pins way. Anyone ever seen a Glock w/ a thumbrest not attached to either a Carver/SJC mount?

Well those are the parts and I'm still looking for a smith to put it all together/fit barrel/comp to CCF locking block. I've never loaded major 9 before but load my own limited loads. I'm getting together some 121 JHP's, WSR primers, and some HS-6 as we speak. So anyone have any thoughts on my potential combo here?? I already have the J-point optic on the way, so that's a sure thing. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice I am going to receive.

ps. As an added plus, my new 17 frame just went onto my old 35 slide, and i'm going to load some really mild 40 loads to shoot production with. Perfect.

Hey guys thanks for the SJC suggestions,had the chance to shoot one at the Gator Classic this year(well actualy last year I guess) and it was great. If I can't get the ti comp I want I will probably end up w an SJC major 9 comp. I didn't think they did much work with hybrid barrels though, I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow. anybody ever seen a thumbrest frame mounted on a glock? thanks

Hey guys thanks for the SJC suggestions,had the chance to shoot one at the Gator Classic this year(well actualy last year I guess) and it was great. If I can't get the ti comp I want I will probably end up w an SJC major 9 comp. I didn't think they did much work with hybrid barrels though, I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow. anybody ever seen a thumbrest frame mounted on a glock? thanks

Modified thumb rest I made from an arrendondo thumb rest

thumbrear2.jpg

thumbsidewhole.jpg

Banks

Edited by spankymac

Thanks for the pics and looks like a nice gun, but the issue is because I'm not going to have a mount for the J-point, It has to mount to the frame somewhere. I think I'm gonna buy a CR thumbrest and just see where I can put it :blink:

I really like the looks of that thumbrest, is that something SJC does?

Thanks

No, it is one of my wild ideas that worked

Banks

I've been looking into doing something like that as well. I wanted to machine a thumb rest out of delrin. I would like it to match the slant of the "grooves" in the SJC mount. Why doesn't SJC offer 1? (hint, hint) (I know John is "busy" lately (thoughts and prayers))