Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

+1 for UniqueTek's Precision Powder Baffle for Dillon Powder Measu

Bought a couple of these ( http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1278 ) to install in my Dillon Powder Measures after seeing some fairly substantial variances between beginning and end-of-run powder drop averages in my last reloading session, which occurred in rather high humidity.

When I emptied the powder measure to install the baffle, I could see significant clumping. I installed the drop-in Precision Powder Baffle in my measure. Basically you line it up, per instructions, drop it in the measure, and give the measure a little squeeze until it falls into place.

I just finished running 500 rounds of 9mm. For both initial setup and end-of-run QC, I always measure 10 powder drops and divide by ten. My starting ten drops this evening totaled between 32.7 - 32.8 grains (for an average of 3.27 grs of Titegroup per round). When I finished the run I weighted another 10 powder drops. Result: 32.7 grs.

I've never seen such tight consistency before in any reloading session.

Gotta say, the UniqueTek Precision Powder Baffle seems well worth the $6.95.

[Edited to correct truncated heading...failed miserably :blink: ]

Edited by BayouSlide

I know what you mean. That's why I got two...lessened the hit, so to speak. B)

I used to :angry2: about shipping and handling fees. Then I started selling some stuff occasionally via this forum and others and found I ALWAYS underestimated the real cost of shipping. I guess I'm a little more understanding, now. Compared with the cost of gas and my time, I usually consider it a bargain if under $10, unless someone's really out to take advantage of me.

Love businesses who ship via Priority mail for small items...and the $8.95 flat rate USPS charge for more bullets than I can comfortably lift always makes me smile.