Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Blasters

ErikW

First photo: Limited "B" pistol (not the gun that beat T.G.O.), circa 2001 USPSA Factory Gun Nationals. Lightened STI slide with Break-More sight and (plain black front. STI hammer, ho-hum trigger job. Do-it-myself grip reduction and texturing. EGW aluminum mag well.

Second photo: Limited "B" pistol, circa 2004 USPSA Nationals. Caspian slide with Heinie sight (plain black front) and a tungsten sleeve on the barrel underneath. Koenig hammer, awesome trigger job. Thanks BrianH! STI stainless steel mag well, because you can never have too much weight.

Third photo: Limited rifle, circa 2005 SMM3G. RPA sight on Accuracy Speaks front sight base with custom elevation spacer (to my specs by Experimental Machining), butted up against the JP Cooley compensator. The spacer prevents the sight from moving if it banged hard against a prop or if the rifle falls out of the safe again. It also allows for an easily repeatable zero should I remove the front sight to wuss out and shoot a scope. Yankhee hill rear sight. DPMS lo-pro receiver, DPMS (Wilson) stainless 1:8 twist 20" heavy barrel (fluted under handguard), Armalite handguard, DPMS hard chromed bolt and carrier. Bushmaster lower with JP trigger and Ergo grip.

Fourth photo: Same Limited upper on a CavArms lower I assembled myself with a JP trigger. This will be my 3 gun rifle if all is well.

Fifth photo: An ancient (1975?) Remington 1100 that was used for hunting. I got rid of most of the rust and the 26" IC barrel. I got a 21" rifle-sighted deer barrel and put an IC extended choke in it, replaced the front sight with a (Williams?) fiber optic, and replaced the rear sight with an Ashley Express. I also replaced the furniture with Remington synthetics. I put on a Choate 8+1 magazine extension and follower, big button safety, and EasyLoader. Later I added a 6-round side saddle to see if it would speed my reloads. The biggest mistake I made was putting in NuLine gas rings as preventative maintenance; it didn't run. It runs with the quarter-century old OE gas rings. It runs pretty much any 3 or 3.25 DRAM shot shells, and Remington Reduced Recoil slugs.

post-645-1115330903_thumb.jpg

post-645-1115330987_thumb.jpg

post-645-1115331045_thumb.jpg

post-645-1115331369_thumb.jpg

post-645-1115331515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erik Warren

Limited40, somebody's not paying attention to the posters' names. :huh:

Ron, that's my personal grip job. Undercut, thinned, and stippled with files, sandpaper, and soldering iron. If you look closely, you can see a shallow thumb channel extending from the backstrap to the magazine release button. Smack in the middle of the channel is a hint of bare metal, where I filed too deep.

I should have taken a pic of the transition from the actual mag well to the mag well extension. I managed a really nice job on that.

Hey yours looks more pimped out than mine. :P Actually, I hit my matte hard chromed frame with Scotch Brite last night in an attempt to take off some skateboard tape adhesive remnant (after Goo Gone). It turned it from matte to pimp. Be careful with that stuff.

• 2 years later...