Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tuning the S&W M&P9 ejector

txaggie

My wife has a full size M&P 9. When she is shooting factory ammo, the shells eject nicely to the side and away from her. However, when she uses my 130 PF 147g loads, the shells essentially flip over the back sight and many of them hit her in the face. How can I "tune" the ejector to make them flip to the side?

Thanks.

Edited by txaggie

My wife has a full size M&P 9. When she is shooting factory ammo, the shells eject nicely to the side and away from her. However, when she uses my 130 PF 147g loads, the shells essentially flip over the back sight and many of them hit her in the face. How can I "tune" the ejector to make them flip to the side?

Thanks.

Get a lighter recoil spring.

I had a long day and I think stock is 15# and went to 13# when I was shooting minor.

ISMI glock recoil spring work for the M&P and all youll need is an uncaptured guide rod.

I've put maybe 4K through it without issue one. Nada zilch zero... it has been the most reliable pistol that I have in my safe over the last year. A HUGE improvement over the early releases... S&W hit a home run as far as I am concerned.

The only issue was a self inflicted one... attempted to use too light of a striker spring once, and unless I was using Federal SPP, waaay too many misfires. I put the factory striker back in and it behaved as it should. The lighter recoil spring made a huge difference in the recoil impulse, as I have found most .40's to be unpleasant to shoot for long periods of time. Mine purrs like a cat, and I can shoot as many rounds as I like to without worry or discomfort. Give SSS a call, and they'll hook you up!

Thread drift warning...

Has anyone tried the factory 9x19 recoil spring assembly for shooting minor loads in a .40? I'm trying to stay IDPA legal, and am concerned about whether the aftermarket stuff increases the weight too much.