Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what pouches do you use?

ogiebb

• 4 weeks later...

I had a gcode several years ago that I sold with a gun. I got rid of it around the time of the new rules. I never measured it, but you want to make sure they aren't too canted if you are thinking IDPA.

Edited by kdmoore

I had a gcode several years ago that I sold with a gun. I got rid of it around the time of the new rules. I never measured it, but you want to make sure they aren't too canted if you are thinking IDPA.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill re-read the rule book. I didnt recall a restriction on the angle.

• 3 weeks later...
right now ive decided on Bladetech singles w/ the tek lok...pretty neat :cheers: ....

Hi August,

I've heard that Tek Lok is illegal for holsters - is it OK for mag pouches?

Why would the Tek Lok be illegal for holsters? I have one that I use with my Single Stack and the only thing I can think of is about how far is pushes the holster from the body and I don't believe the Tek Lok pushes it out far enough to be illegal. Am I wrong about that? Anyone else come across this?

-Albert

Why would the Tek Lok be illegal for holsters? ...the only thing I can think of is about how far is pushes the holster from the body and I don't believe the Tek Lok pushes it out far enough to be illegal...

That's precisely why it's illegal for use with holsters in IDPA... not sure about mag pouches though.

Why would the Tek Lok be illegal for holsters? ...the only thing I can think of is about how far is pushes the holster from the body and I don't believe the Tek Lok pushes it out far enough to be illegal...

That's precisely why it's illegal for use with holsters in IDPA... not sure about mag pouches though.

I'm going to have to measure that out becuase from memory (and not having it in front of me) I don't think it does push out the holster far enough to be considered illegal and the test of being able to see daylight between the point of attachment and the inside of the body of the holster I thought had the Blade-Tech OWB with Tek Lok passed that test.

Here's a picture straight from their website:

d_28.jpg

It looks like it should be okay. I can't see where this would be considered illegal for IDPA.

right now ive decided on Bladetech singles w/ the tek lok...pretty neat :cheers: ....

Hi August,

I've heard that Tek Lok is illegal for holsters - is it OK for mag pouches?

Hi Aaron,

the pouches ive heard is ok for IDPA, i think the holster is too..im quite new to IDPA as well

I'm going to have to measure that out becuase from memory (and not having it in front of me) I don't think it does push out the holster far enough to be considered illegal and the test of being able to see daylight between the point of attachment and the inside of the body of the holster I thought had the Blade-Tech OWB with Tek Lok passed that test.

It looks like it should be okay. I can't see where this would be considered illegal for IDPA.

the pouches ive heard is ok for IDPA, i think the holster is too..im quite new to IDPA as well

I just checked the Blade-Tech web site, and they list the Tek-Lok mag pouch as "IDPA-APPROVED."

They don't list the Tek-Lok holster as "IDPA-APPROVED" though... I also came across this thread while poking around this morning... post #29 in particular refers to an IDPA shooter that was FTDR'ed for using one.

Personally, I really wish it were legal for IDPA; I prefer it to their SRB attachment. I'm just learning about IDPA too, but it sounds like some SO's won't give you a hard time for it, but others will.

Edited by Xfactor

I just checked the Blade-Tech web site, and they list the Tek-Lok mag pouch as "IDPA-APPROVED."

They don't list the Tek-Lok holster as "IDPA-APPROVED" though... I also came across this thread while poking around this morning... post #29 in particular refers to an IDPA shooter that was FTDR'ed for using one.

Personally, I really wish it were legal for IDPA; I prefer it to their SRB attachment. I'm just learning about IDPA too, but it sounds like some SO's won't give you a hard time for it, but others will.

Xfactor, I appreciate the link to the thread. I've got to make sure this hasn't been ruled by IDPA HQ and wasn't just an issue at one club with a holster that had a Tek Lok attached to say the drop-offset attachment (which is illegal). I've not heard the Tek Lok attachment being illegal and it doesn't make sense that IDPA would allow it on mag pouches but not the holster. I took a few photos of my Tek Lok OWB Blade-Tech holster for my CDP gun and my Blade-Tech SRB OWB for my CZ 75B SP-01...

IMGP2175.jpg

Then I took a photo of just the Tek Lok holster with the calipers on them and even with the measuring to the inside of the Tek Lok attachment (to account for the use of the slimmest belt, dress belt?) to the outside of the the closest part of the OWB holster it does not even measure out to half and inch.

IMGP2179.jpg

I can't see how this would be ruled illegal.

Again the match director of any sanctioned IDPA match would have final say, but measurements would give a strong argument.

Xfactor, I appreciate the link to the thread. I've got to make sure this hasn't been ruled by IDPA HQ and wasn't just an issue at one club with a holster that had a Tek Lok attached to say the drop-offset attachment (which is illegal). I've not heard the Tek Lok attachment being illegal and it doesn't make sense that IDPA would allow it on mag pouches but not the holster...

My assumption was that the holster mounted to the Tek-Lok added a little extra offset that pushed it over the limit, where the mag pouch mounted to Tek-Lok was within the tolerance. I guess it depends on exactly how/where the measurements are taken...

If you get a definitive response from the IDPA mother-ship, please let us know the final ruling!