Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Mini 14

PracTac007

My Accuracy Systems improvements include:

750" x 18.5" UMSS barrel, Trigger work 3.5#, bedding the stock, new handguard for the thicker barrel, new tuneable gas block for the thicker barrel, machine work and stock fitting. Sub-MOA accuracy guarantee @ 100 yards. Extended magazine release, red Firesight front sight, ghost ring rear sight and urban brawler rail.

I've been shooting it in 3-Gun and am very happy.

I hope all that works for you, especially the barrel. I've owned several mini-14's and have always like Ruger products. I have never had a mini-14 though that would group worth a damn, I think mostly because of the thin barrels. Good Luck, let us know how she does!

You might be surprised. Got bored and played with my Dad's stock ranch model and it did well with 62's (about 1-1.25 MOA). 55's and the heavy bullets did not make it happy. I have a feeling it might like a shorter barrel than factory stock.

Rich

There was a lady in my squad at Ft Benning that was using a custom mini 14 with iron sights. She had no problems hitting the mgm flash targets out to 300 yards IIRC. She did well with that little rifle and I don't remember any malfunctions.

Shot 3-Gun at the PSGC 12/2 with my Mini 14, Rem 11-87 and production glock 34 and took first place in the Limited category. No surprise that I was the only one shooting Limited. Only 2 open shooters and all the rest shot tactical.

I was good enough to have shot 7th overall with about 16 guys shooting. A lot more fun when you start winning your category/division.

I think shooting iron sights with the Mini is where I'll stay through next year and then see where I am.

Edited by PracTac007