Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee carbide factory crimp die

Bob McGee

Had one in 9MM and one in 45ACP, threw them both away. I was having problems with tumbling in the 9MM, pulled some of the bullets and they were now undersized .002". Pulled some 45, same thing. I was using plated bullets at the time, FMJ's probably wouldn't have done the same thing. I went to the Redding Competition seating dye, much happier.

Dave, I hate to have to disagree with you........ B) But when I was ransom resting ammo for 50 yds I found that there was no "difference" between using the Dillon crimp die and the LFCD.......The groups were the same, no matter if I used jacketed or Lead bullets ( same loads, just different crimps).

Now when I am loading match ammo with jacketed bullets I use Redding dies and again I dont have to case gauge them either, but I do.....If it is lead it gets loaded with a LFCD and then I dont have to check it if I dont have time.

FWIW.......See ya,

DougC

well, i have yet again stuck my foot in my mouth.....i think?.....cliff hooked me up w/ a 625 from a friend, now gotta start throwin' down w/ you guys, but that's another story.....having trouble making the moon clip thing work. sorted by headstamp, thought that was it. ugh....no.....so then i got out my lee die, and after putting scrounged range brass loads, mixed headstamp, though the thing, they all work great. marked some brass, and it definitely sizes way lower than the dillon size die. i forget the numbers, but the dillon size die is tighter up top, but the lee goes down farther. anyways, gotta A-B some at the range, see if my accuracy idea was BS. thinkin' that maybe you run the brass thru the lee die, then the 550, get the best of both. gonna try this, will post a report. amazing how you can learn something here...... :bow: