Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Reloads On 40 Cal "glock" Brass

Ironman

I was surprised when I read that one of you is getting 8 reloads out of your Glock brass. I have been buying once fired 40 cal brass and letting it lay after getting 2 fires out of it (3rd fire total). I use the EGW die to get the guppy out. What about the rest of you glockmasters, how many times do you reload 40's at major PF? Thanks for your responses.

Jim

The brass I am using has been mixed between my G35 and my buddies Para and reloaded so many times, the brass color is wearing off. I would say much of my brass has been reloaded somewhere around 6 to 8 times. Hav not had any problems yet (knock on wood)

I also buy once fired brass. Since I went to a Barsto barrel I have been picking them up. So far I am getting 4 reloads out of them for 5 total. I don't really look for them after the 4th run. When I had the factory barrel I just left them on the ground.

Mike

Back before I had my KKM barrel, I was using a batch of brass so much that you couldn't read the headstamps anymore. Most of that stuff was finally abandoned at Area 4 last year. I don't worry about brass to the point I don't sort it anymore. I just load it and shoot it. I eventually will shoot enough matches that are lost brass, so my supply will disappear, then I restock.