Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you know if it's OK to ship a gun to CA?

FYI..........Shipping the gun to California is not a problem for the seller from out of state. Its on the local FFL to know whats okie dokie in this messed up state. thats how I understand it.............They work next door to me if you need me to ask.

Shipping a handgun into California is not really ever a problem, unless it happens to have features making it a CA Assault Weapon (AR15 pistols, Tec9s, etc).

The problem might arise if the handgun in question is not on the approved list, at which point the FFL can not complete the transfer and has to ship it back to the seller.

All handgun transfers within California have to go through an 01 FFL. However, a C&R FFL holder can travel outside the state of CA and acquire a handgun and send in the registration papers when coming back into the state. However, a C&R FFL holder is NOT allowed to accept a handgun shipped directly to him.

So yes, it would be ok to ship your gun into California, but you would have to ship it to a regular, 01, FFL, and the buyer will have to go there to complete the transfer.

Edited by gose

Shipping a handgun into California is not really ever a problem, unless it happens to have features making it a CA Assault Weapon (AR15 pistols, Tec9s, etc).

All handgun transfers within California have to go through an 01 FFL. However, a C&R FFL holder can travel outside the state of CA and acquire a handgun and send in the registration papers when coming back into the state. However, a C&R FFL holder is NOT allowed to accept a handgun shipped directly to him.

That is correct sir.

Regards,

Bob

California