Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Storm Lake v/s LWD Barrel Conversion

glockstan

What do you think between these 2 barrel: Storm Lake and Lone Wolf Dist barrel conversion .40-9mm for Glock 35? Any suggestions or parts need to know before I do conversion for my Glock 35. Appreciated and thank you very much for all input here.

I can't speak to a Storm Lake as I have never had one. I have a LWD that I can say enough good about. It is really for a 24 but worked fine in my 35. It has been in 3 guns and ran flawlessly in all 3. The only thing you will need is a lighter spring, 13 to 15#. Never a problem withe the extractor or ejector in either of the 3 guns. Before I changed the spring I had a couple of hicups with subsonic ammo but none with standard ammo. After I dropped the spring down to 15# not one more problem.

Im in the same boat as you, I ordered the Lone Wolf threaded conversion with a comp too. right now im waiting for it to come in, its on backorder right now, i went ahead and ordered a lighter spring to just in case, I'll let you know how it works out when it comes in.

What do you think between these 2 barrel: Storm Lake and Lone Wolf Dist barrel conversion .40-9mm for Glock 35? Any suggestions or parts need to know before I do conversion for my Glock 35. Appreciated and thank you very much for all input here.

...I have been wondering that same thing!... I have a L/W 9mm. conversion barrel for my G32, Had it for about three years now and I'm only now starting to like it. For two years I tried every store bought brand and gr. weight ammo avalible. It wouldn't group worth a crap, Best group I could get out of it was football size and shape, high right at 10 yds. and they would keyhole. But with the 357 sig barrel in it I could get silver dollar size groups at 10 yds. One day while I was working with it at the indoor range I rented a G23 and slipped the 9 conversion barrel in it,,,,,,,,,,,, Same thing. Turkey platter groups. At least now I knew it was the barrel and not the gun.................. I have been reloading for about a year now and finely found what the barrel likes........................ .357 Yup .357 di. bullets, It will now shoot nice tight groups and punch clean hole's. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I have both conversion barrels and can't say that I have a preference. I don't like the LW engraving, but it effects nothing other than my aesthetics. Both are good quality products.

HK Dan

I didn't like the LW engraving either and I found that you can order a "blind marked" barrel which is when they put the wolf's head and marking on the locking lug so it can't be seen when installed.

I ordered a 9mm conversion for my G24 and just put another 200 rounds through it yesterday. The first time out with it I had a few FTE's but the last two times out with it I have had zero problems in 500+ rounds of lead reloads.

Neal in AZ

I'm on the verge of getting the LW barrel for my 35. Do you find any significant differences in point of impact, as in elevation? Can I expect a 124 gr. 9mm to shoot to the same point of impact as a 180 gr. .40?

Dave Sinko

That is the one thing with mine. My impact was a few inches to the left. I plan on replacing the factory sights with something better, I guess it will have to be adjustable. I have just been blasting steel plates so it is no big deal but i will have to do something eventually.

Neal in AZ