Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Additional Title Races for Matches

DrShooter

In the Tour de France, there is the GC (yellow jersey) for the best time and Points (green jersey) for the most consistent finisher. The GC sometimes gets the highest points too, but he only gets the one prize. The other jerseys are King of the Mountains and best rider under 25 (maybe including 25, I can't remember).

So, I wondered about adding a similar thing to USPSA.

Just for fun, I awarded 4 places on each stage:

1) 20% of total points

2) 15% of total points

3) 10% of total points

4) 5% of total points

Using the Open/L10 Nationals this year (why? cause I was there :closedeyes: ):

L10 order: Rob L, Ted P, Taran B, and Travis T.

L10 points: Rob L, Travis T, Dave S, Taran B.

Open order: Max M, JJ R, Chris T, Saul K.

Open points: Max M, Chris T, Todd J, Saul K.

So the order is different, mainly because some shooters tank on a stage and can't recover on overall match points. However they place well on the stages they don't blow.

In the case of this years Open/L10, the winners also win the points, but I don't think that would always happen. Sometimes the overall winner doesn't win a single stage.

Anyway, what do you think? There currently are additional class winners, but what about adding other winners in the general field like this?

Being more daring, we could also have "time bonuses" on certain stages :devil:, which would make leads vanish in a hurry if the leader slacks off and plays it conservatively. However, that would be messing with the traditional scoring.

Anybody else want to compute the points for other matches and post them here?

Edited by DrShooter

[humor alert]

DrS.,

Here we have so much in common.

Your name is Kyle...my name is Kyle.

You seem to like to crunch numbers...I often like to crunch numbers.

You like Duvel...I like Duvel.

But, nobody gives a shit about anything but the yellow jersey. :)

Cheers. :cheers:

a cute idea, for a multi-day match. Have the contenders bring a couple special colored jerseys or maybe just pass an armband.

We did something similar as a joke one year.

I had just made Master and when asked about my goal for the match I said I didn't want to finish "Dead F'ing Last Master" as there were like ten of us in the match.

Somebody had a button made up that said "DFLM" on it and we passed it around like hot potato, you tank a stage you have carry it until someone else "wins" it from you.

a cute idea, for a multi-day match. Have the contenders bring a couple special colored jerseys or maybe just pass an armband.

We did something similar as a joke one year.

I had just made Master and when asked about my goal for the match I said I didn't want to finish "Dead F'ing Last Master" as there were like ten of us in the match.

Somebody had a button made up that said "DFLM" on it and we passed it around like hot potato, you tank a stage you have carry it until someone else "wins" it from you.

Now that I like, you got the button end of day, you buy at the bar. :cheers: