Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Operator TRP

Full Size

Last night while firing my new SA Operator the front pin in the rear sight almost fell out after 100 rounds. Holding the pistol in hand, pointed away from me looking down at top of gun there is a pin (mounting pin?) inserted horizontally through the front end of the rear sight. I hope this makes sense as you read it.....it was easy enough to push the pin back in but anyone have ideas on how to secure this pin?

I appreciate any help!

-Chris

This happened to my son's Springfield. It has an LPA type sight on it. Just dimple the side of the sight slightly with a small punch. Do it right next to the hole and do both sides. You will move some of the metal toward the hole and the pin will not slide out. If you do it right you will hardly notice it and you can still drive the pin out if needed.

This happened to my son's Springfield. It has an LPA type sight on it. Just dimple the side of the sight slightly with a small punch. Do it right next to the hole and do both sides. You will move some of the metal toward the hole and the pin will not slide out. If you do it right you will hardly notice it and you can still drive the pin out if needed.

I went back to the shop I purchased the pistol and that is exactly what he did. It worked perfect. Thanks for the info!