Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multitasking cardio,emotions,and gratitude

Micah

I hate to run.

I really hate to run.

It comes from playing football all those years. I knew when I screwed up during practice when Coach would scream "GD it Barcelo...Take a lap!"

My Pavlovian response still reguards running as punishment.

It's too bad that putting miles on the treadmill is an amazing source of cardiovascular fitness...so I watch movies on a tv in my workout room to destract myself from that punishment feeling.

Last Friday I broke out my "Band of Brothers" box set and have been putting in my hours while watching one of the finest television series' ever created.

Every try to run while tears stream down your face? If you can keep your footing, there is little at a major match that can spook you.

At the end of the hour, sweat and tears soaking my body, I feel two things: A sense of accomplishment, and a sense of gratitude.

Thank you to all that serve our country, past and present.

I'm in the middle of Lutrell's Lone Survivor... Its given me a whole new perspective on the limited amount of suffering I do while exercising - even if its stuff I ostensibly "hate" to do (or, at least, don't enjoy as much as other stuff). It basically boils down to... quit bitching, STFU, and hammer it out... :D

I hate to run.

I really hate to run.......

....At the end of the hour, sweat and tears soaking my body, I feel two things: A sense of accomplishment, and a sense of gratitude.

Thank you to all that serve our country, past and present.

well said, Micah.

dj