Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Melt in mount

Mo Zee

Topmauls post about dot size for shotgun got me thinking. How does the JP sight work with the melt in mount? What bonding agent is used becuase if I am not mistaken the mount is attached directly to the barrel and those things get pretty darn hot. Any info on this???

Thanks

Topmauls post about dot size for shotgun got me thinking. How does the JP sight work with the melt in mount? What bonding agent is used becuase if I am not mistaken the mount is attached directly to the barrel and those things get pretty darn hot. Any info on this???

Thanks

I have it done on my 1100 and love it. They cut the rib and place the mount in the cutout. No idea on what bonding agent is used, however it is quite rugged.

Thanks

The mount is glued to the barrel with LocTite Black Max which works pretty well. I've seen 2 come off after thousands of rounds and it was a simple matter to glue them back on.

I believe that sometime in the last year or so John added a tab that will permit fastening directly to the rib with a screw. It still "melts" in. The tab is raised.

Thanks

I have it done on my 1100 and love it. They cut the rib and place the mount in the cutout. No idea on what bonding agent is used, however it is quite rugged.

Loctite 380

Jim