Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my first match with a revolver today

Revopop

Shot a match today with my S&W M14 and I had a blast! I think I'll be shooting it regularly for awhile. It was 4 stages, on the first I had some mental issues, the last I had some equipment and mental issues, but in the middle 2 stages I had a glimpse of just how great it could be. My best stage was a close range "hoser" designed by this little kid who clearly knows his way around a Glock. With the sight radius of the 6", my shots went right into the A zone like a laser. I only had one C hit on the whole stage.

I was using a blued revolver with Jordan Trooper stocks in a vintage Ernie Hill Fast-Trac, so I'll leave it to the roundgun community to decide how many style points I get added to my score. :cheers:

I was using a blued revolver with Jordan Trooper stocks in a vintage Ernie Hill Fast-Trac, so I'll leave it to the roundgun community to decide how many style points I get added to my score. :cheers:

Definitely style points. There are Jordan Troopers on all my S&W revolvers and an Ernie Hill for a 4" revolver in my closet. Glad you had fun, you now have a new addiction.

Edited by Tom E

Your grips looks kinda sorta like this?

What's that funny looking thing on the back of the hammer?

Thats the strap tp hold it in place while it is being moved around. :goof:

I meant the funny metal protrusion that appears to hold the strap in place. Maybe you could hang your muffs on it too.

What's that funny looking thing on the back of the hammer?

Thats the strap tp hold it in place while it is being moved around. :goof:

I meant the funny metal protrusion that appears to hold the strap in place. Maybe you could hang your muffs on it too.

Really this is a gun I just picked up last week. It is/was a brand new never fired model 19 still in the box with papers and tools.

I am going to have some real Jordans made for it and it will be my tribute to the man himself.

I have another just like it that I had to have rebuilt last year.

Neat. Have to say I really like K Frames. Sometimes I think the way to go for USPSA Revo is a 6" 66 shooting minor. But then a 625 with full moons is so damn convenient. Herretts has my order for a pair of Jordan Troopers for my newest 617, an 8 3/8. Bad part is the 8 to 10 week wait.

Yep, but the figure in the wood isn't nearly as nice. They were on the gun when I bought it, and I really like the way the handle.

You definitely qualified for style points, Glockopop, but did you happen to notice ol' Ray's revolver holster? It made your "antique" Ernie Hill rig look totally newfangled by comparison!

He may have outdone me in style points. He said that his Model 15 is old enough to vote...twice.

I really had a great time shooting the wheel. I think I'm going to stick with it. I'll probably start shooting my M64 in IDPA as well. I don't know why, but revolver handling and shooting skills seem to have come to me more naturally than any of my other autos, even 1911s and my beloved Glock 35.

Sometimes I think the way to go for USPSA Revo is a 6" 66 shooting minor.

Yeah, well, sometimes I think Angelina Jolie is sitting here on my lap. ;)

Lighten up. No amount of state of the art gear or phenominal shooting will offset the the way I limp thru stages. A minor 6" 66 would be less expensive to shoot, easier to shoot, easier on what's left of my joints, and most likely have precious little effect on my scores/match placing.

After Angelina gets tired of you, send her by.

Yeah, well, sometimes I think Angelina Jolie is sitting here on my lap. ;)

After Angelina gets tired of you, send her by.

The last picture I saw of Angelina, she was skin and bones. :surprise: Looked like one of the mummies she was digging up as Lara Croft.

Still.... check out the previews on her new movie [beowulf]. Looks like she has put more meat on those bones.

http://www.wutheringjolie.com/nuke/index.php

Edited by professor