Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All 16 propositions approved in Texas

vrod2011

Either the politicians are very smart, or we as a people are very stupid. I can't believe that Texans just approved $10 billion, b b billion, in new government spending. All of the propositions were worded in creating bonds to cover the cost.

Alright guys, what am I missing here. Are people thinking they are getting something for nothing here? Or, with the rising cost of gas, we just thought that we should spend $5 billion on repairing our roads.

The more I think about it, or the older I get, or the more sober I get, the madder I get about the money I give to the stupid government.

I think Hiliary might be on to something. If I were 35, I might consider running for President, promising everything that I possible could. Elect me and I'll give you "free" healthcare, and "free" housing, and "free" food.

This is a first rant for me... and I don't know if I feel better or worst. Its almost 4 in the morning here, and I have to be at work at 8:30. I don't know why I'm not able to sleep.

Of course we are getting something for nothing. All that money is the government's. We are just letting them spend more of their money on us.

Damn!!

Some of the sarcasm dripped off the screen all over the desk. :blush:

(How long till this closes?) <_<

Dear moderators,

Texans complaining about the government isn't political. It's considered polite conversation 'round here. :D

Of course we are getting something for nothing. All that money is the government's. We are just letting them spend more of their money on us.

Damn!!

Some of the sarcasm dripped off the screen all over the desk. :blush:

(How long till this closes?) <_<

Dear moderators,

Texans complaining about the government isn't political. It's considered polite conversation 'round here. :D

:lol:

When it gets to the point that they show a tax cut as a government expense... I get a little sick :angry:

I've long worn a LiveSTRONG bracelet - I've got a lot of mixed feelings about that, now, and may not be in the future. Its one thing to campaign and ask for donations for a good cause - its quite another to rob people at gun point over it.

The voting base in Texas is pretty damn stupid - we have a corrupt state government, with lots of corrupt local governments, all of them with their hands in our pockets, we have some of the highest tax rates in the country when you aggregate all of them together, and yet we think its just fine and dandy to slap more taxes on ourselves.

To top that off, the city I live in just voted in a huge ass new school bond package, that's being sold as "tax neutral", but depends upon a lot of new growth in the tax base in order to actually fund it. Morons.... <_< How about a little tax relief?? We already have the highest school tax percentage in the frickin' state!!!!!!

When it gets to the point that they show a tax cut as a government expense... I get a little sick :angry:

I've long worn a LiveSTRONG bracelet - I've got a lot of mixed feelings about that, now, and may not be in the future. Its one thing to campaign and ask for donations for a good cause - its quite another to rob people at gun point over it.

The voting base in Texas is pretty damn stupid - we have a corrupt state government, with lots of corrupt local governments, all of them with their hands in our pockets, we have some of the highest tax rates in the country when you aggregate all of them together, and yet we think its just fine and dandy to slap more taxes on ourselves.

To top that off, the city I live in just voted in a huge ass new school bond package, that's being sold as "tax neutral", but depends upon a lot of new growth in the tax base in order to actually fund it. Morons.... <_< How about a little tax relief?? We already have the highest school tax percentage in the frickin' state!!!!!!

Time to move....<_<