Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AP Regional in Jackson NJ

BPiatt

Results?

I wasn't able to go. I actually had to work.

Kevin,

I do not know absolute results. Here is what I can say:

Bruce shot metallic, and I think it was above 1900. I thought I overheard someone say it was somewhere around 1902 - 1905. I would doubt the ending digit as a ...5!

I think Ken Macari had a 1905 or a 1906 shooting open, and he also shot metallic. I thought I heard him say he broke 1800+ with metallic.

I had a 1907-147X. An 8 and a 5 at ten yds on the mover, then one other 8 at I think 20 yds. 471-23X Mover. 476-33X Practical. Clean a the Plates! A clean 43X Barricade.

I think Charlie Coppola had a 1910, but not certain.

I see you are enjoying the wheelgun! :cheers:

Martin

A 1907 isn't bad. A 5 on the mover at 10 yards? Only acceptable if it came after a jam. At least you were able to hold it together for the rest of the shots on the mover.

I'm having a lot of fun with the wheel gun. I had an overtime shot on the plates so otherwise it would have been a 1908. I guess I just got too relaxed and took my time. If I had been shooting this wheel gun before I had the autos I'd be shooting a revolver. The Barricade is a little bit of a problem and luckily it's a 7 shot because I do have a habit of short stroking the trigger. Other than that it shoots great with cheap bullets so I certainly can't complain.

Hope you all had fun. Maybe next year.

A 1907 isn't bad. A 5 on the mover at 10 yards? Only acceptable if it came after a jam. At least you were able to hold it together for the rest of the shots on the mover.

I'm having a lot of fun with the wheel gun. I had an overtime shot on the plates so otherwise it would have been a 1908. I guess I just got too relaxed and took my time. If I had been shooting this wheel gun before I had the autos I'd be shooting a revolver. The Barricade is a little bit of a problem and luckily it's a 7 shot because I do have a habit of short stroking the trigger. Other than that it shoots great with cheap bullets so I certainly can't complain.

Hope you all had fun. Maybe next year.

The only jam was me jamming my finger :surprise: on the trigger when the dot wasn't where it should have been. Actually, it may have been at 15 yds, but it was still a solid 5!

The revo does require you to commit to moving the trigger before things are right. During the process things will (hopefully) get lined up. If you wait for things to be right before working the trigger, then time becomes a problem. A cadence in your string is more critical with a revo than with an auto, but important either way. The auto is more foregiving with irratic cadence if necessary, especially on plates, mover and barricade. If you use wood grips on the revo, then sap should be dripping on the ground when shooting! Double clutching a revo can be a problem, that we have all done, or will do. A heavier trigger return spring will help, but so will more trigger time. :cheers:

Martin