Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electric Toothbrushes

Been using one or another electric for 40 years. They do a much better [thorough] job than you can and as someone mentioned they brush the proper way, up and down so you don't get tooth erosion at the gum line from jamming the brush back and forth. When I go to the dentist for a cleaning they are amazed at what little plaque is in the crevices. Brauns are good but you can burn your gums easily with that small diameter high-speed brush ripping back and forth. Currently using a Phillips Sonicare. Works well but it and brushes are really pricey and it has a timer that tells you when to move to a different part of your mouth then shuts off when it thinks you are done. I hate this feature and ignore it, since I run it on my own schedule and according to how it is cleaning. I also hate automatic driver's side windows that think you always want to go all the way down when you touch the button, when what you really want is to just crack the window.

Oral B here. I've been using it so long that I really don't remember how old a unit it is.

Way back I spoke to my dentist about it. He recommended an electric toothbrush over a manual brush but using only "soft" brushes with the brushes changed out every 3 months. A set of 3 costs about $18 at the local Walmart.

Bill

• 1 year later...