Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Load for JP CTR02?

USBP379

Howdy All,

Well, I just got my JP CTR02 out of the box and took it to the range for the first time. It shot about an inch at 100 with Black Hills Remanufactured 69 gr match hollow point. The same round, though, was shooting a half inch at a hundred out of my 14.5 inch LWRC M6A4! It loves that load!

I figure this is just a matter of finding the loading that the gun likes. My JP has an 18 inch match barrel, and I assume it is a 1 in 9 twist. I am wondering if I would be better off with lighter bullets?

Does anybody have experience in developing a load that their pet CTR02 loves? I've seen test groups out of JPs and I know it is capable of much more accuracy than I am seeing.

All input is welcome.

Thanks,

Billy

San Antonio, TX

Howdy All,

Well, I just got my JP CTR02 out of the box and took it to the range for the first time. It shot about an inch at 100 with Black Hills Remanufactured 69 gr match hollow point. The same round, though, was shooting a half inch at a hundred out of my 14.5 inch LWRC M6A4! It loves that load!

I figure this is just a matter of finding the loading that the gun likes. My JP has an 18 inch match barrel, and I assume it is a 1 in 9 twist. I am wondering if I would be better off with lighter bullets?

Does anybody have experience in developing a load that their pet CTR02 loves? I've seen test groups out of JPs and I know it is capable of much more accuracy than I am seeing.

All input is welcome.

Thanks,

Billy

San Antonio, TX

I have the JP CTR02 and I am getting less than 1/2 at 200yds and 300yds with the BH 69gr SMK. I have used this round out to 600yds with no problems hitting ghogs and crows.